Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome @Plip

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome[welcome]

Hi All. I live in Central Florida (near to Disney WorId!) and just bought my first Volvo. It is the 2019 XC90 T6 R Design. I've had it for around 2 weeks, and love most things about it, but there are a couple of issues with the interior that I find a bit frustrating and wonder what others on this forum thought?

My first issue is with the relative lack of storage space in the front of the cabin. I have owned a few different "family friendly" SUV's and find that the XC90 has the least storage space of all the SUV's I have owned. I also find not having somewhere I can rest my right arm whilst driving a little frustrating. Having a larger center console would address both of these issues. What do others think?

Also, I find that the 2 drink holders contained in the rear center seat rest are extremely small. So much so, that neither of my children's beakers can fit in them. I would love to know the rationale of the Volvo designers that made the rear drink holders smaller than the two front ones? As a result, my children either have to get much smaller beakers, or rest their current beakers on the floor. Their beakers are not that big (diameters are slightly larger than a can of soda), so I don't think I am being unfair in saying that the rear drink holders design could have been a bit better.

Other than these minor gripes, I love my new XC90. The driving experience is spectacular, and it is so technologically advanced, that I am waiting for the software upgrade where it will calculate and file my taxes for me!

sunilck

Reactions
City
Stafford
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC90
Hi All, just introducing myself, live in Houston, own a pearl white XC90 T6 AWD with Amber interior. Love it.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hi All, just introducing myself, live in Houston, own a pearl white XC90 T6 AWD with Amber interior. Love it.
Congrats and welcome

Reactions
City
APO
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Greetings from Germany! I’m US military employee, so got a US spec at an amazing price: $50900 for 2019 XC90 AWD T5 Momentum, Denim Blue, Black Leather, Advanced and Multimedia packages, 2nd row pull-up sun curtains, child booster seat integrated, Heated Rear Seats

No tax either ;)

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Greetings from Germany! I’m US military employee, so got a US spec at an amazing price: $50900 for 2019 XC90 AWD T5 Momentum, Denim Blue, Black Leather, Advanced and Multimedia packages, 2nd row pull-up sun curtains, child booster seat integrated, Heated Rear Seats

No tax either ;)
Congrats and welcome aboard

diallog

Reactions
City
Chicago-area
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90
Greetings all! Introducing myself to the group. Just added a new Volvo to the family after previously driving two generations of S60, a V60 Cross Country and now a 2019 XC90 T6 Momentum. Really enjoying the evolution of Volvo line!

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Greetings all! Introducing myself to the group. Just added a new Volvo to the family after previously driving two generations of S60, a V60 Cross Country and now a 2019 XC90 T6 Momentum. Really enjoying the evolution of Volvo line!
Welcome @diallog

Reactions
City
Springfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC40 Momentum T5
Hello everyone! Introducing myself from Central IL and I just got my first Volvo (XC40 T5 Momentum) in July and so far really enjoying it. I hope it offers me years of trouble free enjoyment!

vovo40

Reactions
City
Mountlake Terrace
State
WA
Country
United States
Hello everyone. 2 months ago I traded my 2011 S60 T6 for a 2019 XC90 T6 Momentum, Osmium Grey with Maroon interior. Thanks to Kris Rifas YouTube review of his XC90 I had to get one for myself. What a awesome car, this is my 8th Volvo. Volvo For Life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RPIOPIO

Reactions
City
NAPA
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Hello. Just introducing myself to the group. 2016 xc90 inscription which we've had for 2 years and have recently paid off. It basically has everything but HUD. xc90.jpg

Reactions
City
Manama
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
XC90 2017
Hi, we just got our XC90 Inscription, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Radiotube

Reactions
City
Aiken
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90 Momentum
Hello, all. On January 5, 2019, my wife and I were at a Honda/Subaru/Volvo dealership shopping for a Subaru Forester to replace my 2011 Lexus CT200h with 180k miles on it. My wife saw an XC90 in the showroom as we were waiting. She drove home with a new 2019 Denim Blue Momentum XC90 T6 and I have on order a new Forester Touring model. What an expensive weekend! We weren't expecting to replace her Honda Pilot (2015) that day, but needless to say, she is VERY happy with the Volvo. We were both blown away with the caliber of the build and the tech. It's more luxurious than anything we've seen before. She said this will be her forever car. We got a great trade-in on her Pilot - $23,000, plus we got a $1500 discount on the vehicle plus a $2500 rebate. Now, to learn how to use all the features... which will be fun!

Reactions
City
APO
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hello, all. On January 5, 2019, my wife and I were at a Honda/Subaru/Volvo dealership shopping for a Subaru Forester to replace my 2011 Lexus CT200h with 180k miles on it. My wife saw an XC90 in the showroom as we were waiting. She drove home with a new 2019 Denim Blue Momentum XC90 T6 and I have on order a new Forester Touring model. What an expensive weekend! We weren't expecting to replace her Honda Pilot (2015) that day, but needless to say, she is VERY happy with the Volvo. We were both blown away with the caliber of the build and the tech. It's more luxurious than anything we've seen before. She said this will be her forever car. We got a great trade-in on her Pilot - $23,000, plus we got a $1500 discount on the vehicle plus a $2500 rebate. Now, to learn how to use all the features... which will be fun!
Congrats and welcome to the Volvo family! I got the Denim Blue as well; love that color!

Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 xc90 R Design
2019 xc90 R Design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Natick
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Hello All,
Last week I bought a Certified Pre Owned (CPO) 2017 XC90 Momentum T6, Sand metallic paint over Blond interior, and 34 months of factory bumper to bumper warranty with unlimited mileage. I’m in love with this XC90 & amazed by all it does. It is nearly fully loaded with options including; Head Up Display (HUD), Climate Package, Vision Package, Momentum Plus package, Convenience package, 20” matte black & silver wheels, PilotAssist 2, Apple CarPlay, 360 degree cameras, active bending LED headlights, heated front & rear seats, panaramic roof, Intellisafe, Sensus, etc.
Last night I bought an Inscription grill online because the matte silver bars on the Inscription’s grill looks nicer than the stock gloss black Momentum grill (in my humble opinion.)
Can anyone tell me if/how I can upgrade the PilotAssist semiautonomous software to Version 3 (PA3) & what the cost should be?
Thank you,
David
Massachusetts, USA

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
XC90 2016
Nice purchase, well done (y)

Wrt to software updates, my understanding is that this is part of the warranty and service applied by dealer during regular maintenance. I don't think that they should charge you anything.

Reactions
City
Natick
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Nice purchase, well done (y)

Wrt to software updates, my understanding is that this is part of the warranty and service applied by dealer during regular maintenance. I don't think that they should charge you anything.
Thanks. Is PilotAssist 3 out yet? The XC90 software is almost always updated for service visits but I think they may charge a fee for PA3, possibly $175-$400. This guess is based on my experience with a 2016 XC90 with AP1 & no Apple CarPlay. The Volvo dealer wanted $400 to upgrade CarPlay & $175 to upgrade PilotAssist from PA1 to PA2. (I didn’t buy that 2016 car in favor of an identical 2017 XC90 with PA2 & CarPlay.)

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
XC90 2016
My dealer never charged me anything for upgrades. I don't know you're specific case but I'm pretty sure that Apple car play was available since the first release of the model.
There is a thread about pa3, according to our it is available since November, check the forum.
There are no major changes.

Reactions
City
Natick
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Does PilotAssist 2 work over 80 mph? If not, my 2017 XC90 was able to go 85 mph on PilotAssist which may mean it already has PA3. Thanks, David
PS: I love the car more each time I get behind the wheel. :)