Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

Hi Everyone, vtomeldan here from San Francisco, CA. Recently purchased a 2018 T6 Momentum. Only has a couple hundred miles on it so far and still getting used to the car, love it so far.

One annoyance so far is the distance alert. Can someone provide a quick/easy tutorial on how to loosen that alert? I feel like it come us more often than I would like, especially in congested traffic. Or, do folks just turn it off??

Thanks

VolvoFan

Administrator
Hi Everyone, vtomeldan here from San Francisco, CA. Recently purchased a 2018 T6 Momentum. Only has a couple hundred miles on it so far and still getting used to the car, love it so far.

One annoyance so far is the distance alert. Can someone provide a quick/easy tutorial on how to loosen that alert? I feel like it come us more often than I would like, especially in congested traffic. Or, do folks just turn it off??

Thanks
Congrats and welcome.

Just got our 2018 Inscription XC90! This is our second Volvo, though the first one was about 20 years ago. I have found these forums (for other brands) fantastic and look forward to the information I find and share!

Hi All - Just bought a new 2017 T8 Inscription and love it so far. A few niggles have come up, but overall I love it.

Hi guys, I got mine T8 inscription two days ago. its really nice. Discovery 3 is gone . I hope I wont miss the off roading

Hi guys! just bought my first Volvo. XC90 T6 Momentum+ osmuim grey with amber interior. coming from a Toyota FJ Cruiser what a difference.

Hi from Budapest. I drive XC90 First Edition. 75k km Since June 2015.

Mine is a 2016 XC90 Osmium grey T6 Inscription, Polestar chip, climate, vision & convenience packages with leather dashboard (was not an option in 2016), Head up display, Bowers & Wilkins, air suspension, 21' wheels, booster seat, running board, Trailer Hitch

It is now about 55000 km and still very happy about it.

Second Canadian Winter safe ;)

Hello!

Hello everyone, my name is Phil and I just bought an '09 XC90, 3.2 V6, and so far so good. I hope to garner some good information about maintaining the vehicle here on the forums. Thanks!

Hello from Nigeria

Hello folks, I'm Solo signing up from Lagos, Nigeria. My 2008 XC90 @102,000 miles, in top shape, I gather, is heading here on a boat from Jacks, FL.
It's going to be my 5th ride, and my first SUV. Coming from Toyota Avalon, Acura Legend, etc, I hope I'll have a great, easy time owning the ride, and I would be needing a lot of you folk's experience, because I do a lot of DIY. Volvo recently ended service in my country, but I hope we'll cope just fine.

Hello from Nigeria

Hello folks, I'm Solo signing up from Lagos, Nigeria. My 2008 XC90 @102,000 miles, in top shape, I gather, is heading here on a boat from Jacks, FL.
It's going to be my 5th ride, and my first SUV. Coming from Toyota Avalon, Acura Legend, etc, I hope I'll have a great, easy time owning the ride, and I would be needing a lot of you folk's experience, because I do a lot of DIY. Volvo recently ended service in my country, but I hope we'll cope just fine.
Congrats and welcome.

VHS

Morning everyone.
My name is victor.
I live in midland on Canada.
I’m looking at a Volvo XC90 T6R 2017. 27000km.
Thought I’d join ti get some real world information and none of the brochure crap.

Morning everyone.
My name is victor.
Thought I’d join ti get some real world information and none of the brochure crap.
Welcome Victor, great to have you here.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Morning everyone.
My name is victor.
Welcome aboard

Hi All. I live in Central Florida (near to Disney WorId!) and just bought my first Volvo. It is the 2019 XC90 T6 R Design. I've had it for around 2 weeks, and love most things about it, but there are a couple of issues with the interior that I find a bit frustrating and wonder what others on this forum thought?

My first issue is with the relative lack of storage space in the front of the cabin. I have owned a few different "family friendly" SUV's and find that the XC90 has the least storage space of all the SUV's I have owned. I also find not having somewhere I can rest my right arm whilst driving a little frustrating. Having a larger center console would address both of these issues. What do others think?

Also, I find that the 2 drink holders contained in the rear center seat rest are extremely small. So much so, that neither of my children's beakers can fit in them. I would love to know the rationale of the Volvo designers that made the rear drink holders smaller than the two front ones? As a result, my children either have to get much smaller beakers, or rest their current beakers on the floor. Their beakers are not that big (diameters are slightly larger than a can of soda), so I don't think I am being unfair in saying that the rear drink holders design could have been a bit better.

Other than these minor gripes, I love my new XC90. The driving experience is spectacular, and it is so technologically advanced, that I am waiting for the software upgrade where it will calculate and file my taxes for me!