Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 Ford F-150 2.7L ecoboost
Hi all,

I am new and considering a xc90 to replace my Ford F-150 as lease is almost up. I have narrowed my choice down to:
Volvo XC90
Audi Q7
Lincoln MKT

Other choices with outside chance:
Mercedes GLE400-found seats uncomfortable after sitting for long duration
Land Rover Discovery Spot HSE-reliability issues concern me & high percentage of unsatisfied owners
Cadillac Escalade-poor fuel economy and high cost of purchase only concerns here

The things I like about the xc90 is the styling, high safety rating and the large cargo area perfect for my two large dogs
Things that concern me is long term reliability

This is why I signed up here, I really like the Volvo,s overall look and the only true competitor I'm considering is the Audi Q7 which has a high reliability rating and high customer satisfaction

Mercedes GLE400 was at the top of list until I had a loaner for one day while my wife's Mercedes E350 coupe was in for oil change: note-don't like the $350 oil changes
But the seats become super uncomfortable after driving over 1 hour.

This time around comfortable seats is one of my top boxes that must be checked

Please help me out

Thanks
Bmoe99

thebishman

Reactions
City
Overland Park
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8; 2018 AMG GTR
I bought a new, loaded 2017 T8 Inscription in 9/17. In 15K miles the car has been ‘bulletproof’. I’ve taken it in for the required 12K mile service, and three weeks ago I had the front brake rotors and pads replaced under the TSB. That’s it.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC 90 T6AWD
My car, 2018 XC 90 AWD T 6 is one year old and is a great car with no problems whatsoever.. Love it....

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
The massaging seats in the Volvo are awesome, but no thigh and butt massaging like the F150...and the seat coolers work ;)

I traded in my '15 SCrew Plat 5.0 F150 for the XC90

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Hi all,

I am new and considering a xc90 to replace my Ford F-150 as lease is almost up. I have narrowed my choice down to:
Volvo XC90
Audi Q7
Lincoln MKT

Other choices with outside chance:
Mercedes GLE400-found seats uncomfortable after sitting for long duration
Land Rover Discovery Spot HSE-reliability issues concern me & high percentage of unsatisfied owners
Cadillac Escalade-poor fuel economy and high cost of purchase only concerns here

The things I like about the xc90 is the styling, high safety rating and the large cargo area perfect for my two large dogs
Things that concern me is long term reliability

This is why I signed up here, I really like the Volvo,s overall look and the only true competitor I'm considering is the Audi Q7 which has a high reliability rating and high customer satisfaction

Mercedes GLE400 was at the top of list until I had a loaner for one day while my wife's Mercedes E350 coupe was in for oil change: note-don't like the $350 oil changes
But the seats become super uncomfortable after driving over 1 hour.

This time around comfortable seats is one of my top boxes that must be checked

Please help me out

Thanks
Bmoe99
I have the rDesign, same seat shape w/out the massaging function. I don’t think they’re comfortable either for long drives. As far as reliability, I’ve had this second gen xc90 for three years now and it’s still pullin strong and nice...but the breaks are honestly idiotic! I’m about 47k miles and running on my 4th front rotors and 3rd on the rear. They just warp so easily! The looks is what drew me to this, I still think it’s nicest looking one. The Q7 was my next choice too, but now actually thinking of trading it in for a merc GLS because third row seating is a must for me. So I guess to conclude, I love this vehicle but I hate the breaks! hope this helps answer some of you questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk