Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

pluterday

Reactions
City
Parkland
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90 T6
Just got an 2019 XC90 T6...adding the foldable towing hitch this week to haul RVs..., hoping to start making new memories!

Sean.ardee

Reactions
City
Ardee
State
Non-US
Country
Ireland
What I Drive
2017 D54WDA
Hi all. Buying a 2017 D5 4WD A in a few days. Very excited and looking forward to tapping into this forum’s knowledge for many years of happy driving,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hi all. Buying a 2017 D5 4WD A in a few days. Very excited and looking forward to tapping into this forum’s knowledge for many years of happy driving,

Congrats on the upcoming purchase.

Reactions
City
ATHENS
State
Non-US
Country
Greece
What I Drive
XC90 D5 Inscription
Good day from Athens, Greece and Happy New Year to you all!
I am a "so far happy" owner of an XC90 D5 Inscription.

yeturiley

Reactions
City
Irmo
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8 Inscription
Hello from South Carolina, home of Volvo Cars US plant! I just purchased a CPO 2016 XC90 T8 Inscription last week. We bought a 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription new after driving a 2004 XC90 T5(purchased new) for 12 years.

I didn’t plan on getting another White one, but the CPO inventory did not offer a lot of choices. Now we have twins.

Lex

Reactions
City
Jellat Jellat
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2009 XC90
Welcome to the Volvo XC90 Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Hi Everyone
We are from Australia and have just purchased a 2009 XC90 (Diesel) - great vehicle. It's not our first Volvo. years ago we had a 264GLE which we drove for well over 500,000kms.
Our plans are to use the XC90 to pull a caravan - also why we wanted the diesel version.
One problem we have is that the Nav screen is stuck in the closed position and no-one here seems to know how to fix it. (We live hundreds of kilometres from any big city/town).
If anyone has had the problem and knows a solution I'd love to hear it.
Regards
Lex

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

Reactions
City
Miramar
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90 inscription
Hello everyone, I Drive a 2019 Volvo XC 90 inscription that I picked up in Sweden with the overseas delivery and it was the best vacation I have ever had,we drove to eight countries And put on 3700 miles in Europe we spent three weeks and all I can see if you were going to get a new Volvo get the overseas delivery you will not be disappointed

Attachments

azcib

Reactions
City
SYRACUSE
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 XC90 T6 Momentum
Hello everyone. Just put a deposit down on a pre-owned 2020 XC90 T6 Momentum w/ advanced package, Osmium Grey/Charcoal/7 Seater. Look forward to hanging out with you virtually.

agadrian21

Reactions
City
McAllen
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC90
Hello everyone, I purchased a 2019 XC90 Momentum Osmium Gray/Charcoal interior for my wife. Great SUV. I am in south Texas, USA.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Laurel
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
06 XC90
Hello. Proud new owner of a 2006 XC90.

Kalama

Reactions
City
Newton
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 T5 2021
Hello everyone, I am going to buy a new car: Volvo XC90 or Audi Q7. I have 3 kids and want comfortable in the 3rd row. Any thought?

Last edited:

Allen1

Reactions
City
Edina
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum
Hello everyone, I am going to buy a new car: Volvo XC90 or Audi Q7. I have 3 kids and want comfortable in the 3rd row. Any thought?
Hello! Both are amazing SUV's and have their own attributes that make them unique. I own a 2019 XC90 and have never driven a Q7. I think the Q7 is likely a bit more sporty than the 90. However, driving around in the 90 i've come to some simple conclusions that make it the best 3 row SUV out there. It feels like your driving in a limo all the time as it has the smoothest ride of any SUV. I get great gas mileage on the 4 cylinder engine which has tons of power. Volvo is historically known for its highest safety ratings. I wanted the the best in safety, comfort and style and its hard to beat this SUV in those areas. Drive both and make your own decision. FYI, no one has ever died in an XC90, Volvo takes a huge amount of pride in this fact. I had a friend involved in a head on collision and the 90 "bent and folded" in ways that perfectly protected the cabin and all in it. For example, the engine is designed and placed in a way that it collapses down and under the frame during this kind of a collision to protect front passenger and it did just that.

Reactions
City
DEROCHE
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2008 xc90
Hello Everyone,
Just bought my first Volvo a 2008 xc90. Loving it so far but haven't had it that long yet.

Allen1

Reactions
City
Edina
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum
Dumb question, but how do I post in this newbie forum (or any forum on this site)? Can't find a "post" area or button also not able to get a hold of anyone in "Contact US". I'm only able to reply to posts but unable to start a post if that makes sense?

FAS1

Reactions
City
Woodland Park
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 XC90
Welcome to the Volvo XC90 Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Hi.

Reactions
City
Allen
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6 Inscription

Excited to be here -- purchased a used a 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription about 3 weeks ago and have loved everything about it so far. But just found out I have a leaking sunroof 🙄. I bought the car from Sewell Audi and they are going to do their best to take care of it for me (I also bought the extended warranty), but doing some research on that is what led me here. I'm hopeful this is something that can truly be fixed vs something that will be patched up and continue to give me issues long term. Ugh.

Attachments

santirx

Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Volvo XC90 2016
Hi everyone.

I own a 2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design - osmium gray (actually my wife's car - my car is a Porsche Macan, but that's another forum...:)). Ordered it towards end of 2015 and had delivery on Feb 2016. It was one of the first R-Designs of the current generation in the area... for sure, the first that our dealer sold.

Have the Bowers & Wilkins sound system, which is amazing.

It is a fantastic car, and the only complaint I have is how quickly it eats the brake pads. It seems that it needs pad replacement at every service.

Hope to learn and contribute in this forum.

7541839C-89EC-47B6-844E-65933FD6D972.jpeg
04BBCF3D-33E1-4E6B-9B03-C8635551EF40.jpeg

B106BA52-958E-4A97-9DC7-BD20B2C7782E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Drumcondra
State
Non-US
Country
Ireland
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8
Hi All,

Just joined from Dublin, Ireland having bought my 2016 XC90 T8 last year and imported from UK. I've got both a question and some information from a rear diff failure that I look forward to sharing.

jcb615

Reactions
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Volvo XC 90
Just purchased from a friend a 2011 XC 90 for our youngest that is turning 16 in March. It has just under 100K on it. Is there anything that we should do immediately maintenance wise or preventative wise? Any issues to look into?
Thanks
J