dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
Has anyone had their center screen and dash center (display) reboot while driving?
Mine did this yesterday and we have scheduled a service visit today for software update and a rattle check in the rear.
Will update this post if /when I find out more about this problem. I am hoping the software update fixes this issue.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Software update should fix that problem.

abenson103

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
This started happening to mine, so I brought it in Tuesday for a software update..... it's still there. The software was up to date and they don't know what the problem is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC 90
Buggy cars, we are having all kinds of electrical issues also.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Mine did it once after an over the air update, But since that one time, it has been solid with no restarts. Purchased 1/21/17

Rob

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Update, a software update is tried first. This did not fix mine and it continued to reboot at odd times. I mentioned this on my visit to the Volvo dealership and they replaced the IHU in the console last Friday. This appears to have resolved my rebooting issue. Dealership tech. said the IHU replacement is the 2nd course of action since they cost Volvo $4k a piece (warranty claim) to replace in our vehicles.
Update; two weeks and no reboots. Appears fixed.
Remember your XM subscription and AT&T Wifi subscriptions will have to be reactivated IF the IHU is replaced. Dealership that did mine did NOT realize this. You will have to call / contact both of them and re-activate if those apply to your XC-90.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
I'm taking mine in for the replacement tomorrow. How long did they keep yours to change the IHU?

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
1/2 day for the IHU replacement.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Did it fix the issue? I noticed mine was doing this since I last got the software updated.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mine appears fixed AFTER the IHU replacement. It has not rebooted in over 3 weeks. Used to do this at least weekly, even after software update.
Dealership told me the software update is the first step; IHU replacement the 2nd.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Was it overheating? Direct sun for 2 to 3 hours caused mine to go into a continuous reboot loop untill I figured out the problem amd placed a sun shade on the dash to block the sun from the center display.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
No. I have only seen it happen in the morning or when I first use the car overnight.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
No to overheating. It had to have the IHU replaced to stop the issue.
It's been warmer where we live since the IHU replacement and no reboots to date.

Now my cruise control is not working. Says Windshield sensor blocked. dealership baffled but agrees to the issue. Have Tech Support currently working on it. Dealership thinks it is software issue.