Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Hello All,

We have a 2017 XC90. Love it but we have two recurring issues.

1) Our center consul, what we call the "iPad" is just slow to start up and often when we try to do app updates they take forever or won't update. Starting up it sometimes takes a long time and sometimes its ok. Nothing super-fast. I go into base model GMCs and things come up more quickly.

2) Sometimes I will go into the garage at night and hear this humming sound that is coming from the car. It's almost like the Air Suspension is stuck.

Anyone else having these issues and is their a remedy? We have been to the dealer a couple of times on this.

Thank you.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I have a 2016 XC90 T8 that?s been in the shop multiple times for check engine lights. After scouting this blog it seems the Sensus (your ?iPad?) takes quite some time to boot up, longer in colder temperatures.

As for noises, WHEN the car is in our possession, I noticed multiple whirring and compression cycles as our driveway is next to the bedroom (Hawaii, single ply walls). Nothing that impacts the battery or performance of the vehicle, but still unnerving for a luxury vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Hello All,

We have a 2017 XC90. Love it but we have two recurring issues.

1) Our center consul, what we call the "iPad" is just slow to start up and often when we try to do app updates they take forever or won't update. Starting up it sometimes takes a long time and sometimes its ok. Nothing super-fast. I go into base model GMCs and things come up more quickly.

2) Sometimes I will go into the garage at night and hear this humming sound that is coming from the car. It's almost like the Air Suspension is stuck.

Anyone else having these issues and is their a remedy? We have been to the dealer a couple of times on this.

Thank you.
1. It takes slightly less time if you remote start the vehicle. I typically remote start, get in and turn the vehicle on. Then remove the sunshade, fasten seat belt, place detector in front windshield, plug the phone in for Android Auto....after all that, I have no wait.

FWIW Direct contact with sunlight will slow your Sensus system or cause it to fail completely (temporary) and I've also heard a high pitch whine when it gets real hot. I have my front windshield tinted, and it still gets hot in direct sunlight.

2. Do you notice the noise when the vehicle is locked? The vehicle will look for the remote if you brush the door handles and will it wants to be locked when not in use. Air suspension isn't the issue. Always lock your vehicle(s) when not in use.