Krathumban
State
Non-US
Country
Thailand
What I Drive
XC90 t8 2018
Hi everyone.
I'm pretty new here. Been looking around but haven't found the exact problem happening to anyone else so decided to put up a post.

I've been using my T8 for about 1 year and a half with 50,000 km so far.

The problem is since around 30,000 something when I start up the car, engine suddenly turned on (normally electric motor will start first), after a few hundred meter the engine shut off and able to run on Electric. But after a few minutes the electric motor felt hick up a little and petrol engine kicks in.
After that every time I start up the car in the morning petrol engine will start first. After a few KM then it switch to electric, if I turn off the power and on again it can start with electric. Every morning the all wheel drive mode show "unable to select due to limitations" but after electric motor were able to start then I can choose AWD mode

I went in for service at 40,000 km. Told the service that I had this problem so they clean the battery connection, but they didn't know whether it solved the problem or not. Next day start the car engine Starts. After a few KM drive motor kicks in.

Now,3 days ago things got worse. I started the car in the morning engine kicks in as normal but now it won't switch to electric at all. The AWD mode were unselectable. Even I re start the car still the same.

Jeang2000

Reactions
City
Krathumban
State
Non-US
Country
Thailand
What I Drive
XC90 t8 2018
Sounds like it might be a battery connection issue. Have you tried contact Volvo to open up a case #?
https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/ContactNumbers
Thank you for you input.

I haven't called them yet but next week I will take the car to the dealer for check.

May be the electrical connection to the motor, the battery of hybrid system got drained slowly I think from cabin electric use like AC, radio, and other system, but motor didn't work.

When I put the gear in B the feeling of motor breaking isn't there also. Felt like in D.