Tires on your xc90

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 xc90
Just a little curious. Anyone own a xc90 that doesn't have Pirelli tires. Had a problem with Pirelli several years ago when 3 tires on daughter's x60 had goose eggs pop up on sidewalls. Pirelli said since I bought car used I was on my own. Swore I would own another setoff tires from them.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
"Goose eggs" don't typically "pop up" on tires without some sort of impact. In the past, I've ran over a street gutter by getting too close to the curb, and it left a nice softball size bump after a few days of growing. Lower profile tires are more prone to this.

FWIW, you can purchase road hazard protection including your balance & tire rotation's on your new vehicle at Discount Tire for around the price of 1 tire.

I will be purchasing Michelins next though.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Yeah the pirellis were standard but I don?t think I have much choice after because of the size. 275/35r22. I have a smaller winter set with Bridgestone blizzak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Check on Discount tire direct. They often post "acceptable/optional" tire sizes. While I do not endorse giving you the suggestion of changing the tire size, I can honestly say I have done it more than a few times over the years. I wouldn't see much of an issue going .5" larger on the height. which only decreases the gap between the tire and fender opening by .25"

Rob

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
275/40/22 or 285/35/22 will be really close. So would a 265/40/22

Best of luck

Rob