Heimdall

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90
Anyone came across the brake squeaks while driving at low speed and every time they press the paddle as if it’s the clipper being out of grease or something of sorts.
I also have a grinding feel on the brake paddle once pressed occasionally.

Been having it for over 8 months.
Dealer is clueless and replaced pads. Now it’s back after less than a month.

Discs measured out within spec, Volvo recommendations were followed to the letter without any success in resolving the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Falkirk
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 D5 AWD manual
Could it be the handbrake not releasing fully? I've had that a couple of times and it seems to be solved by engaging it fully and releasing it.

Heimdall

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90
I doubt it, dealer had the calibers checked, lubricated and pads changed.

Reactions
City
Falkirk
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 D5 AWD manual
I know my car (2010 D5) has brake shoes for the handbrake which are accessed by removing the rear discs

Reactions
City
ATHENS
State
Non-US
Country
Greece
What I Drive
XC90 D5 Inscription
Came across same issue on mine few months ago. Have been in the repair shop for a couple of times and in both instances I was advised that the noise will disappear once the break pads are replaced.
It seems this noise is due to worn-out break pads and Volvo has no fix for it. The noise actually disappeared once the break pads have been replaced.

Heimdall

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90
Came across same issue on mine few months ago. Have been in the repair shop for a couple of times and in both instances I was advised that the noise will disappear once the break pads are replaced.
It seems this noise is due to worn-out break pads and Volvo has no fix for it. The noise actually disappeared once the break pads have been replaced.
I’ll check again with my dealer. Thou I’m almost 100% sure the pads aren’t worn out yet. It’s less than a month and 2500mile. Unless this is the life span of the pads ~3000miles.