City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90
I have a 2018 Volvo xc90 and it's only cost us a small fortune.
Back breaks and rotors replaced at 17,500 miles
Front breaks at 21,000
Tires in about another 1,500 miles. These tires are pirelli scorpion all weather.
I'm so done with this car.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Were the brakes defective or just worn?

IrmaK

Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 xc90 inscription
Don’t get me started. I had to replace my breaks at 7500 miles and again at 25000miles with rotors. I called Volvo and they told me it’s wear and tear, sorry we can’t do anything....it’s unheard of. My dealer told me it’s a heavy car . BS! I had x5, mdx, mb s550, never did I ever have to deal with this crap. I’m looking to replace my car with q7 or going back with x5.
Ps. Price to replace my breaks and rotors was $1600.00

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Don’t get me started. I had to replace my breaks at 7500 miles and again at 25000miles with rotors. I called Volvo and they told me it’s wear and tear, sorry we can’t do anything....it’s unheard of. My dealer told me it’s a heavy car . BS! I had x5, mdx, mb s550, never did I ever have to deal with this crap. I’m looking to replace my car with q7 or going back with x5.
Volvo recognized this issue in a TSB, but not sure how it was resolved. I myself do all maintenance work myself and save myself a small fortune. Brakes are real money pits on cars for dealerships. They do the exact same thing as one would do her/hisself.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Weird. I put 40k on my vehicle before needing a rear brake job with new fluid, (down to 1mm). New front and second rear brake job at 70k. OEM Pirelli is alright, but Michelin's are better. Noticed Conti's on my valet loaner (don't like). The Michelin Premier LTX is a great long lasting tire. Pricing for the brake job sounds right, from a dealership.

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
I thought I read on a FB forum that some have gotten Volvo to replace the discs/rotors complementary. I now have the same issue.

jhigh1215

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Can you at least spell "brakes" correctly?