City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90 T8 Inscription
Hey all, I have a 2018 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription and have just replaced the factory-delivered 21” Pirelli Scorpions with 275/40R-21 VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO XL which are all season tires and also winter rated.

The B pillar has a decal for setting proper factory tire pressure. I believe the TPMS are set to that value. In mine, the decal says 42 PSI.

Now, the max tire pressure listed on the new tires says 35 PSI max.

The tire shop filled them to 38 PSI.

The Volvo is throwing a low tire pressure warning.

My first impression when looking at the new tires after they were first put on was that something doesn’t look quite right. They did look a little ‘squishy’ as if they could easily handle more air. It drives fine though. Perhaps a little soft I’m not exactly sure given how new the tires are.

My question, do I have the TPMS reset to a lower psi to match what is required from the new tires or do I actually inflate the new tires even more to like 40-42 psi?

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
If I understand the situation, you need to recalibrate the TPMS system to your new cold pressure value. Check the owner's manual for the procedure. Each time you adjust the tire pressures, recal the TPMS.