Planning to Purchase Certified 2017/2018 Volvo XC90 (concerned about reliability issues on Infotainment/brakes/water leakage from moonroof)

Rabbit445

Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Honda
i all,

I'm seriously considering purchasing(financing) my first Volvo. It's a bit of a stretch financially for me, but given its safety reputation, I'm willing to spend the extra money. (Also looking at 2019 Volkswagen Atlas).
Currently i am owning Honda Civic, opting for a SUV because of Kids.

One thing I've heard is that Volvo XC90 second generation has a terrible reliability record. Consumer Reports consistently gives it 1/5. Have these issues been resolved with the 2018 model? Or should I expect continued issues?also i am planning for certified preowned SUV that it will be having lesser warranty period compare to a new SUV, but I don't want to take it to the shop all the time.

Also, I really like the looks and styling of XC90 along with the big infotainment but hearing lot of bad reviews about it that it starts slow and having troubles with software updates making me think about the purchase.
As i am considering SUV for Kids specifically, will there be enough leg room in 3rd row, also by fixing two car seats in 2nd row will it be possible to get in to the 3rd row comfortably.

Please help me with your experiences around 2017/2018 Volvo XC90 .

Thanks!

Heimdall

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90
Two Volvo’s XC90’s both MY18 différent production dates “mid-cycle refresh”

Both are running perfectly yet have those common issues.

1) sunroof shade grinding. Finally resolved after a gazillion fixes for both.

2) front discs get warped so fast and very frequently.

3) the annoyance of a slow loading /booting sensus system. “Aka the screen”

Other than that I’m loving it.

One thing to keep an eye for is the leg room/space in the second row if you have baby car seats installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk