Anyone have any pics of their sensus screen protector installed?

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Anyone have any pics of their sensus screen protector installed?

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
I can take one later, but it honestly doesn't look bad. Pretty good quality.

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
did you already get the car? why don't you just put it on and see? If it doesn't look right to you, you can always take it off.

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
did you already get the car? why don't you just put it on and see? If it doesn't look right to you, you can always take it off.
Nope. Still waiting for delivery. The glass version of the protector takes 2-3 weeks so I want to order it in advance if I end up going down this route. I'm sure the volvo supplied protector looks fine but I don't mind paying $20 for one that looks better.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I am just curious, please don't take my question the wrong way, but why would you need a screen protector for Sensus?

My 2 previous cars, Toyota Camry and then Sienna, had also touch screens and built in navigation, now I have the XC90, but never really thought about the need of touchscreen protector in the car. I always buy screen protector for my iPhones because I refuse to keep them in a case, but that is different story, you are not going to accidentally drop the car navigation on the floor and there is no car key to scratch it :)

dealcatcher

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I am just curious, please don't take my question the wrong way, but why would you need a screen protector for Sensus?

My 2 previous cars, Toyota Camry and then Sienna, had also touch screens and built in navigation, now I have the XC90, but never really thought about the need of touchscreen protector in the car. I always buy screen protector for my iPhones because I refuse to keep them in a case, but that is different story, you are not going to accidentally drop the car navigation on the floor and there is no car key to scratch it :)
The screen on the XC90 is a shiny screen so it's very susceptible to swirls and hairline scratches from fingernails and wiping it. Also, it's a fingerprint magnet. I had the Volvo plastic screen protector installed but to be honest hate the way it changes how the screen feels. My finger doesn't glide across the screen as smooth as I would like it to. It has a bit of stickiness to it which feels weird when swiping or pinching in our out on the map. I want to remove the screen protector and buy the glass one made by Brotect but I don't know how to remove the Volvo one since there isn't a gap at the seams to peel it off.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90
I don't really notice much of a difference with it on, other than the fingerprint issue. Without the protector, it was hard to see the screen in the sunlight with all of the fingerprints. After the protector was installed, the fingerprints are not as noticeable.