Canton de Hatley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
XC90
Hi,
I’m new to the forum and hope someone can help me. The Anti-skid message appeared recently and after going to the dealer for another issue I was told the reason for the anti-skid error is that the “clock spring” needs replacing. The repair at the dealer is $750.
How does the anti-skid actually work on my vehicle? If the truck starts to skid, doesn’t my ABS sense that and initiate assistance in braking? Is the anti-skid sensor part of the ABS system? o they work together? I can’t seem to get a clear answer from anyone?
Has anyone else Changed a clock spring? It looks like a tricky job as steering wheel angle adjustment is or might be involved?

Thanks for your help or suggestions in advance.

Reactions
City
Sofia
State
Non-US
Country
Bulgaria
What I Drive
2006 XC90 V8 Executive
Hello... I had anti skid service message for one faulty sensor on the master brake pump and it was quite cheap to repair

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Milton Keynes
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 XC90 R Design 2.4 diesel
It can be many things. On mine a cha ge of transmission fluid and filter cured it.

Volvoforce

Reactions
City
Smeby
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 XC90
How did you troubleshoot the issue?

OnTrack

Reactions
City
Hägersten
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
XC90 2003 T6
Hi guys... When it comes to Anti-Skid service required. First of all... It is most probably your Anti-Skid sensor under the passenger seat.
So pull the passenger seat all the way back. Here you got the power amp for your radio etc. Under this is the sensor located.
Losen 3 10 millimeter bolts and lift the amp aside as far cables will allow. Here you will find a bracket that holds the sensor.
Losen these 2 bolts and look at the labels on it. There is a label on each side. One of those should read 75 for the last digits.
If not... here is your problem. The one with 75 in the end, was a new update. Can´t remember what the other numbers where.
But it shall read 75. I got size 13 in gloves and had no problem getting it out underneath the seat.
This is an expensive part here in Sweden... somewhere around 600 US dollars. You will find such a one att a U-Pull It for
peanuts. But while doing so... remember the number on one side should read 75 in the end. If not... look into annother junk car.
By the way... maybe you got the right sensor but it has drowned in water. It is placed where water can come from a sunroof that leaks
and stays in the "bowl" where the sensor is. Dont like water or humidity. If the old type is traded for the -75 one... The message will come back and
dissapear.

Last edited: