Hard Steering/Clicking On Hot Days (NOT PSP) & Anti-Skid Service Light

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 3.2 I6 AWD XC90
About 6 months ago my wife and I took her XC90 on a 2 hour drive. Once we got to our hotel we put our stuff inside and went to go get dinner (the car had been sitting, not running, for about 15 minutes). I went to pull out of the parking space and the steering wheel was extremely stiff, and the little that it would turn the actual steering wheel would make clicking sounds. It's almost like there is something that's keeping me from being able to turn the wheel, because I know the PSP is good and fluid is topped off. I do plan on changing the serpentine belt soon but the one in place is still holding up.

Usually if we turn the ignition off and back on the problem goes away. But it is happening more consistently, even after short drives to the store now, especially on hot East TX days. I also have a message saying Anti-Skid needs service. I read that there is a part behind the air bag (I forget what it's called) inside the steering wheel that can trigger the anti-skid warning message. Would it be possible that these two problems are related? Please help!