Harvey

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Need some help. I am on my 4th Volvo. I purchased the XC90 for my wife because it of its safety features. My wife is the safest driver on the planet. Never had an accident or speeding ticket, and she uses the turn signal in parking lots. Speaking of which, she was attempting to park in a lot, chose a spot with no cars on either side, made a left turn into the open space at under 5 mph but then could not straighten the wheel. As she fought to straighten the wheel, the car continued moving approximately 10 feet until it stuck a concrete island curb. When the car stopped, she noticed the steering failure warning light was on. The dealership believes the alert came on after wheel stuck curb and broke the tie rod. My wife is adamant that the steering failure occurred before striking the curb. And the woman is incapable of not telling the truth. Once the car is repaired, I doubt I will be able to get her back in it. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as how to proceed. Thank you.

Last edited:

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I'm sure this issue is resolved by now owing to the date of your initial comment. But - it seems to me that the car "black box" should be able to provide the data to make a timeline of events of this. It should be able to provide the information of when the warning light came on, the time the brakes were applied, when the car turned etc.... with everthing coming to a stop upon impact with the curb. Volvo should be able to develop the time line and give you a copy. For fellow XC90 owners, it would be great to hear how this has developed and has been resolved.

Harvey

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I'm sure this issue is resolved by now owing to the date of your initial comment. But - it seems to me that the car "black box" should be able to provide the data to make a timeline of events of this. It should be able to provide the information of when the warning light came on, the time the brakes were applied, when the car turned etc.... with everthing coming to a stop upon impact with the curb. Volvo should be able to develop the time line and give you a copy. For fellow XC90 owners, it would be great to hear how this has developed and has been resolved.
Joe, thank you for your input. My local Volvo dealership has provided no information or direction. Thanks again.

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you have a good day and the best to you on resolution. I would assume you have consulted with a lawyer by now unless Volvo is providing you with a car all this time and until the corrective action have been completed to your satisfaction.