vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
has anyone heard anything about upgrading the pilot assist in the xc90.? ours is up to 31MPH, I've read somewhere that Volvo will come out with a software upgrade that would make it like the new s90 where it is up to 80MPH. since the launch of the s90, I have not heard anything reg. this. any input would be much appreciated. cheers!!![rockon]

UDPurdue

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
We have a 2017 and its up to 80 mph. So I am sure your dealer should be able to update it.

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
I received a flyer in the mail from Volvo this week with the upgrade listed as an accessory. Not sure how much it costs though.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
yup, I got the flyer too. hopefully its not too expensive. and finally a rear dvd player for the kiddos!

Reactions
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
I got the flyer and asked my dealer about it. The service guy couldn't find it in his system yet...

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Someone was getting this done today. Anyone want to report back on how it went?

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
see post " pilot assist gen2" someone said they are getting the upgrade done and it costs 399$. but I haven't heard/read anything on its functionality, performance...

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
see post " pilot assist gen2" someone said they are getting the upgrade done and it costs 399$. but I haven't heard/read anything on its functionality, performance...[/QUOT

I had it done last week. Dealership charged us $299 for the upgrade and installed our outside door handle tape recall as well.

I tried it out immediately on a 4 lane highway at 70 mph and it works well. Not great but well. You have some swerving with it trying to track between lines; the sensors trying to read the inside and outside lines while tracking the car in front of you but it DOES work.

I am glad I had the upgrade installed.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8
I'm in the UK. Got the upgrade booked for tomorrow. Will report back when I've tried it out.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
We have it on our 2017 and I have been quite impressed with it's functionality. It handled the NJ Parkway with aplomb, which is no small task as it has narrow lanes and a lot going on. The unsettling thing about it is that you in essence become a "manager of the system" rather than a driver even with the required contact to the wheel. I have used it on long trips and I find myself not remembering the events on the road around me as much. It's a bit of a paradigm changer and I'm still getting used to it.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
'16 T6 Inscription
Reviving this 2-year-old thread in hopes that those who have had the upgrade completed will chime in with their experiences over that time. I have an appointment next week to have my ‘16 CPO Inscription upgraded and if I’m going to spend the $340 they are telling me the two (?) software packages cost I want to ensure it is worth it.

I’ve been quite impressed with what my V1 software can do autonomously up to 30 MPH but love the idea of the capability at highway speeds. I had a ‘19 XC60 loaner while my 10K service was being completed and really enjoyed that feature.

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
FYI, the top speed has increased to 125mph (I believe), but this is only when following someone with PA engaged. It will not work above 87mph without a leader vehicle first reaching these speeds. It will, however, stay engaged, until you turn the vehicle off. So, once it has engaged above 87, you can resume the higher speeds without a lead vehicle. I've not had time to really test this out more than once. PA at 100+ is kinda freaky.

2016 takes 3 updates, I believe
2017 took 2 updates
2018 only needs 1 update, I believe.

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
FYI, the top speed has increased to 125mph (I believe), but this is only when following someone with PA engaged. It will not work above 87mph without a leader vehicle first reaching these speeds. It will, however, stay engaged, until you turn the vehicle off. So, once it has engaged above 87, you can resume the higher speeds without a lead vehicle. I've not had time to really test this out more than once. PA at 100+ is kinda freaky.

2016 takes 3 updates, I believe
2017 took 2 updates
2018 only needs 1 update, I believe.
Do you now have PA3 on your car? If so, how much did it cost to upgrade?

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Do you now have PA3 on your car? If so, how much did it cost to upgrade?
I have the updated intellisafe files. PA3 isn't available yet, I checked last week.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk