Is your data download working?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
My data download will not connect. Again. Just talked to Volvo and they said I need to take it to the dealer. Again. I pay for data mostly for the maps and Tune In. Of course Tune In tells me their is an update and no longer works. I guess I was mistaken but Volvo says that it would not update over air regardless and need a dealer visit that ?will only take 15 minutes.? Don?t know about you folks but even a software update requires an appointment, loaner, and an unspecified number of days for them to get it done.

Also, Volvo told me that there is not even a plan to include WAZE. I asked because I knew that was part of the update to CarPlay and saw it in a Lincoln advertisement today on tv.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
My data download will not connect. Again. Just talked to Volvo and they said I need to take it to the dealer. Again. I pay for data mostly for the maps and Tune In. Of course Tune In tells me their is an update and no longer works. I guess I was mistaken but Volvo says that it would not update over air regardless and need a dealer visit that ?will only take 15 minutes.? Don?t know about you folks but even a software update requires an appointment, loaner, and an unspecified number of days for them to get it done.

Also, Volvo told me that there is not even a plan to include WAZE. I asked because I knew that was part of the update to CarPlay and saw it in a Lincoln advertisement today on tv.

Looks like you need to take your car to the dealer to "update" it,
as far as Waze it will be included in iOS 12 CarPlay so hopefully just a few more days, I am waiting too, of course you get it from Apple, not Volvo.
Lincoln/Ford probably has the native Waze app too, that's why they advertise it, I don't think they would advertise Apple features, if Lincolns have also the CarPlay, then their owners can choose to use it through CarPlay or through native Lincoln app...