City
Wappingers Falls
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022.5 XC90 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid
My wife and I picked up our factory ordered, every option 2022.5 XC90 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid in mid-April. We've never needed to run the heat, until yesterday.

We have 15,000 miles on the car in six months and almost always drive it in Pure Mode with the exception of a highway drive to NYC.

Yesterday, it was chilly out in the morning, my wife started the car, put in pure mode, made sure the AC was off and raised the temperature to 78 degrees in all three sections of the cabin.

No heat was coming out. She switched the car to Hybrid mode, heat started coming out but it still wasn't that warm.

She happened to be in the neighborhood of the dealer, stopped by to speak with the Service Manager who is always very nice to us and he was stumped. He was going to think about it and get back to us.

Any ideas? I don't see how it's possible that the car doesn't generate heat in Pure mode. Looked at the online version of the car manual last night, couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

NJ2

Reactions
City
Voorhees
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 XC90 Recharge
Any luck getting the heat to work? My wife's 2022 XC90 Recharge that we bought in May is experiencing the same behavior the couple times we've needed heat these past couple weeks.

carley707

Reactions
City
Petaluma
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 XC90 Recharge
I am finding this to be a problem as well. Just got cold enough to need heat in the mornings and no matter what setting I try, no warm air is coming out of the vents while I am in pure mode.

Lonergan

Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 XC90 Recharge
Same here. 2022 Xc90 Recharge and there's no heat in pure mode. Just had our 10k service and mentioned this. They said they couldn't find anything abnormal and told us to use the engine when it's cold 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mavi57

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2017 XC90
My wife and I picked up our factory ordered, every option 2022.5 XC90 Recharge Plug-In Hybrid in mid-April. We've never needed to run the heat, until yesterday.

We have 15,000 miles on the car in six months and almost always drive it in Pure Mode with the exception of a highway drive to NYC.

Yesterday, it was chilly out in the morning, my wife started the car, put in pure mode, made sure the AC was off and raised the temperature to 78 degrees in all three sections of the cabin.

No heat was coming out. She switched the car to Hybrid mode, heat started coming out but it still wasn't that warm.

She happened to be in the neighborhood of the dealer, stopped by to speak with the Service Manager who is always very nice to us and he was stumped. He was going to think about it and get back to us.

Any ideas? I don't see how it's possible that the car doesn't generate heat in Pure mode. Looked at the online version of the car manual last night, couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
You should find a possibility in the settings of the car to activate the extra heating in climate

Reactions
City
Mission Viejo
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 recharge
I am having the same problem as well. Took the car into the dealership and they found that the high voltage heater system was not working. Replaced it and it was running ok for a day and bore I’m ruling into the same problem again. My work around this problem note is to run the car in power mode until the car heats up and then switch it over to hybrid mode until I bring it back into Volvo

ta2repas

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
C30
Leave the HVAC setting in AUTO. No problems for our 2023 Ultimate!