Comfort Drive Vs Eco Drive

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Honda Civic
I have been trying to comprehend if I can get better mileage driving in the ECO mode compared to the Comfort mode (using premium gasoline).
I was under the impression that the Eco mode will give a better mileage. I would appreciate your input on this topic.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Eco mode just basically adjust the shifting points on the transmission, lower the throttle response and lowers the car a bit. If you have a lead foot it won't make much difference. Personally I leave it in Comfort mode all the time.

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
I don't use it that much but on the highway it's nice to have it "coast" when letting off the gas pedal.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
The guys hit most of the high points for the Eco drive mode. I set up my individual drive mode using the Eco mode. I don't mind the lower shift points and slower reaction to my pedal inputs. What I do like is that the climate system consumes less power and that I have the eco coast. I think I might have read somewhere for long downhill grades, it might even shut off the engine. I can't use that feature much in Nebraska, but when I go visit my kids in Colorado it makes a huge difference.

Rob

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
When Equipped with the air ride suspension system, the vehicle lowers the rear to adjust the entire vehicle for optimum wind resistance. I've tested this vehicle across america, and I did not notice a large increase in mpg while engaged, your result may vary, as I'm heavy footed by nature... however, I did get over 540+miles from one tank, while in Performance mode and at 90mph average!

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
When Equipped with the air ride suspension system, the vehicle lowers the rear to adjust the entire vehicle for optimum wind resistance. I've tested this vehicle across america, and I did not notice a large increase in mpg while engaged, your result may vary, as I'm heavy footed by nature... however, I did get over 540+miles from one tank, while in Performance mode and at 90mph average!

Really??? That is fantastic and way better than I get. Anything above 70mph for me and my MPG is in the low 20s. At 90mph, and yes I drive that fast sometimes too, I know I get less than 20mpg. Of course, the air is very dense with humidity here, in Colorado I get way better mileage.

Rob

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
That is a constant highway speed mpg average, no stop and go stuff. I got great gas mileage the entire trip tho. I get around 24 miles per gallon average.