City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2008 Volvo XC90
Hello everyone. I've recently been looking at getting a Mk1 XC90 (2007 and later). There's one little thing that's bugging me though and that's the bluetooth capabilities of the stereo.
As far as I can make out, there are several variations of stereo that could be fitted.
First there's the standard one with no bluetooth and no phone.

Then there's the standard stereo but with a factory fitted bluetooth hands free kit. This is usually visible and stuck just above the stereo, but is only capable of dealing with hands free calls and not music etc.

Next is the version that has the 'Phone' button on the front of the stereo (upper left corner of the buttons around the Source Selection wheel) but that connects to a physical handset in the vehicles armrest and requires a SIM card in order to operate.

Finally there's the one I'd be after which has the 'Phone' button in the same place as the one above but has factory bluetooth capability for hands free calls and music streaming, as per this video:

But my problem is, is there a way to tell from photos which of the last two variations the vehicle has? Is there one trim level that came with the bluetooth and one with the handset phone? Or were they optional extras? Or is the only way to tell which one it has is to sit in the vehicle and press the button yourself?

Thanks for any assistance anyone could provide.

SwissXC90

Reactions
City
Cross Country
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
Only way to tell is:

1. Look for the PHONE button on the stereo
2. Switch on the stereo and look for the BT AUDIO option

Or

Check the MY of the car. BT AUDIO was MY 2011 and newer, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flib1

Reactions
City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2008 Volvo XC90
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there would be a way of telling without having to sit in the car as I often look at vehicles that are quite a distance away.
Cheers

SwissXC90

Reactions
City
Cross Country
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
Get the VIN (visible on the windscreen), enter into VIDA.
You then get the MY and can see if BT is supported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk