City
Caernarfon
State
WA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Xc90 2.4 d5
Hey everyone this is my first post finally got an xc90 after always wanting one and had nothing but problems so far
Seems to be common but mine is a bit different to what I have read up on
My abs light is on from start up drive about 20mph and the anti skid triangle flashes and the rear brakes on its own hard.
This stops when I unplug one of the pressure sensors
Odometer doesn’t count up but is showing numbers
Speedometer doesn’t work until the stop immediately brake failure red lights come on after about 5 miles
The steering has gone really hard no matter what speed which I’m unsure if it’s related due to being a mechanical pump

codes show brake pressure sensors 1 and 2 pressure high when plugged in

so far I have changed
Engine wiring loom
2 brake pressure sensors
Abs module
Yaw sensor
Ecu
Cem

ohh and when put on live data only the one rear wheel is picking up a reading but if we unplug the other wheel sensors it brings up a problem with them ?

im really starting to think it’s the end of the road for it soon it’s only done 83k and a2004 2.4 d5
If anyone can help I’d be very thankful

AnnaLoui

Reactions
City
Oxton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2011 XC90
My goodness! I had a 2004 XC90 D5. It was an amazing vehicle. I sold it 3 years ago because it started to produce bills at regular intervals (each 4 months) not horrific ones but I never knew what the next replacement part would be. I got the 2011 XC90 D5 AWD. I have had it for 3 years now. I drive >100 miles a day. It has never caused any problems. No warning lights or anything.
I probably couldn’t advice you to upgrade your XC90 as it’s a parent to me that you know way more about cars than me But for me it spelled the end of frequent trips to my mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk