Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
I have read in the owners manual page 522 that you need to deactivate auto-hold brake function as follow: 1. Drive the vehicle into the car wash
2. Turn off the auto-hold function using the control on the center console
3. Turn off the parking brake's automatic function in the center display's top view
4. Put the gear selector in N
5. Switch off the ignition by turning the start knob to STOP and holding it in this position for at least 4 seconds

QUESTION: When I go into " My Car " settings the boxes for Auto Activate Parking Brake and Auto Activate If Engine Stops are not checked. So if I under stand this can't I just drive into the carwash with the "stop/start" function off and just put the vehicle in N with the engine running
and proceed in the carwash as I have done for years with other vehicles ?

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
That's what I just did today. Disable auto hold in the center console, put the gear in neutral, went through car wash with no problems.
Of note the Auto Start/Stop does not work in the low temperatures especially here in Chicago winters.

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
That's what I just did today. Disable auto hold in the center console, put the gear in neutral, went through car wash with no problems.
Of note the Auto Start/Stop does not work in the low temperatures especially here in Chicago winters.
Thanks for the reply ! Happy Holidays

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Its probably easier for you guys up north to do the automatic car wash, but after getting my wheels scraped on my last car I'm too scared to ever use them again.

skippy1977

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90
It's only an issue if you have the auto break feature active (if you do, deactivate it) otherwise just drive in and put it neutral. I would also suggest deactivating the park assist features too though. They won't cause any problems but the constant alarms letting you know that you are too close to things on the side/front/etc is kind of annoying.