Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

I'm still waiting for my 17 Inscription to show up. This summer, we had a rental XC90 in Florida which I was able to put some serious time behind the wheel. A couple things we never got figured out.

The climate system was a big one. I could never seem to get the fan control to auto adjust. Will it auto adjust if you have it set to auto? It could have just been that its like 900 degrees in Florida during the summer when we were there and the fan had to run on high/max all of the time.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

volvojoe

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Open the Climate control panel, select the temperature you want, you might consider syncing the temperature for the whole cabin using the synchronize function located at the top of the driver side temperature scale, select AUTO function, close the climate control panel. The climate control system regulates the fan speed automatically, going full blast, or near full blast eventually slowing down to a slower speed, depending upon the difference in temperature desired, i.e. what you selected, vs a combination of outside air temp and cabin temp. The XC90 has a very complex system which determines the required cooling in the cabin. Outside air temp is combined with interior cabin humidity and interior cabin temperature. You should notice the fan speed adjust over time to control the air temperature inside the cabin. My car's outside air temperature probe failed twice last year and there was a significant impact to the climate control system. Once the probe was finally repaired, the system works great here in coastal South Carolina where humidity is very high almost every day and warm to hot until late October. Also, make sure you get a handle on how to operate the second row A/C controls and the third row system. Owned my car almost a year and I'm still discovering things about the climate controls for the back.
I am just now learning how to operate the climate control system manually. The compressor is turned off by touching the A/C "button". The fan is operated manually by selecting an air flow path on the screen, dash, floor, etc... The fan speed can be changed by selecting the fan "buttons" from low to high. The AUTO function will not go off until you select a flowpath, i.e. air discharge path. Sit in your car and go through the climate control system functions. again, I am still learning how to operate the climate control system after 9 to 10 months.

Last edited: