Xc90

Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Lexus rx350
Our crystal white metallic Volvo is to arrive early May. Before this purchase I have owned 3 Lexus vehicles the last being an rx350. The xc90 will have the comfort package, vision package, convenience package, b & w sound system, booster seat, mud flaps and four air bags on suspension. I am a little curious about Volvo updating and fixing problems as they go. Last date for changes is February 18. I am hoping that since this is late in the production year Volvo will have remedied most of the bugs on earlier production vehicles and incorporate those fixes into the later production vehicles. Does anyone know if this is a fact? Also Volvo sales has a million miles to go to match Lexus for courtesy and updates on ones order, hope this improves when I need service. Will probably purchase extended warranty since this is first year for new xc90 and we plan on driving this vehicle for many years. Also we live 185 miles from nearest Volvo dealer. We drove an Inscription last July and my wife fell in love with it. Highly unusual as she mostly thinks any car will do.

rhdurante

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
Volvo XC90
We just received our XC90 on Friday the 22nd. We bought the inscription. It has 105 miles on it and we are getting a wiper sensor service error on the dash. Calling the dealer in the a.m.. Waited 4 months for this car and paid 66k for it. I am a little nervous right now and hope this is just a fluke.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
With the XC90 being a new car from the ground up I would think it will take years for Volvo to truly work out the bugs.

Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Lexus rx350
Two responses and neither calms my concerns. Are there 2016 xc90 owners out ther who have no (zero) problems with the xc90? I guess I would ask the same from anyone currently leasing an xc90 and this applies to momentum and inscription owners? The only reason I took my last two Lexuses back to the dealer was for regular maintenance. This highly awarded Volvo must have some great owner reviews free of manufacturing issues somewhere, anyone?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I have had mine since late November (~2000 mi), mostly city/suburb driving and one long trip. I haven't had any "real" issues - aside from the rear tailgate not responding once or twice (the foot thing didn't work, and the power didn't activate to open the gate - I had to push it up by hand - after I restarted the car, the problem went away). The problem with predicting reliability based on forum responses is that most people only seek out a forum when they have issues. It's not a random sample, but mostly a sample with issues.

Anyway, a Volvo isn't a Lexus, and if you're expecting the "Lexus experience", you will probably be disappointed. For me, I didn't like any other vehicle so I decided it was worth the risk. I also found a dealer that seems trustworthy. Any new model will have teething issues - especially a totally new from the ground up model like the XC90. Then again, I know some people who have had bad experiences with their Lexuses. I've owned many different brands, and from my experience, the Toyota was much worse than any of the 5 Saab's I've owned - yet people love Toyota for their reliability and dissed Saab. Cars are complex, expensive purchases. It's always a roll of the dice so buy something you "love".

Reactions
State
WY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Lexus rx350
I appreciate your comments. We did fall in love with the xc90 especially my wife. Just that we live so far from nearest dealer and never really had any Lexus issues. I am looking forward to delivery in May and hoping Volvo has continued to address early issues on the xc90.

RL2016Rdesign

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 R-Design
We have not had any issues with our R-Design since the middle of December, we have 1450 miles on it to date. My wife LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her new XC90!