XC 90 upgraded Pilot II to level features of XC60

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
It seems our little cousin can do several things our XC90 cannot. Mine is at the dealer right now to fix a constant Connection error.

Does anyone know when we get the update on Pilot II and Sensus that the XC60 is being touted as having?

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
Are you sure?, what are the features that XC90 does not have?

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
If I go with the description from this reviewer in a Forbes article (link here), the 2nd gen Pilot Assist no longer requires a vehicle in front to follow. That doesn't seem to be the case with my MY2018 xc90.

However, this Volvo global announcement (link here) seem to suggest that all MY2017 xc90 onwards have Pilot Assist II standard.

I'm curious as well.

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
My 2017 XC90 inscription came with Pilot Assist II

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
My 2017 Inscription has it. Works well up to about 85mph.

Rob

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Same as my 2017 XC90 RDesign.
I doubt there are any extra features in XC60 to compare to 2017/18 XC90s.

My 2017 XC90 inscription came with Pilot Assist II

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
I think they are talking about the future model years here, maybe 2020 and the only new thing here is auto emergency braking WITH STEERING SUPPORT, but that it is not available even as option when I tried to build XC60 on volvo website

According to online press the XC 60 has three features we don?t have. This has nothing to do with having PIlot II which we all have.

https://newatlas.com/volvo-xc60-safety-geneva-motor-show/48188/

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
No. This is now. It is no the site as a feature of the current model.

Mavi57

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2017 XC90
If I go with the description from this reviewer in a Forbes article (link here), the 2nd gen Pilot Assist no longer requires a vehicle in front to follow. That doesn't seem to be the case with my MY2018 xc90.
I Have a T8 2017 and Pilot assist doesn't need a car to follow when wtarting it while driving. Starting it when standing still requires a car in front.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Well, again, 2017/18 XC90s have all features listed in this article except the STEERING SUPPORT FOR EMERGENCY BRAKING, but that feature is not available for XC60 either.
Steering support means that the car will steer itself during emergency braking to avoid the obstacle. This is not available in any Volvo yet, probably in the future.
Yes, the car can steer itself when following lanes or when parking, but will not steer itself during emergency braking, it will just stop.
If you see it listed currently please provide the link, but I am pretty sure is not there, I just tried.

No. This is now. It is no the site as a feature of the current model.