Unlock Alerts in On Call app

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
I get app alerts every couple of hours that my 2017 XC90 is unlocked. I open the app and the Doors & Locks indeed show Unlocked. This happens about 8-10 times per day, even through the wee hours of the night when there's no activity on my phone or near the car.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I've also noticed that attempting to turn on the Parking Climate with the doors Unlocked always fails. But if I first Lock the doors (even though they're actually locked, the app seems to think they're unlocked) then turning on the climate succeeds.

Thoughts?

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Went to my Dealer yesterday because car would not start via iPhone and I to had my phone telling me that car was unlocked(2017 xc90). Service told me that the system is down till Monday morning 7am for satellite updates and this is causing the issues !

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
the remote start will not allow you if the vehicle is unlocked. I think this is a safety thing...

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
the remote start will not allow you if the vehicle is unlocked. I think this is a safety thing...
But that's the problem-- it's not actually unlocked.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
We also experienced this where the app thinks the car is unlocked when it really isn't.
Just bought the XC90 Hybrid on the 14th and had a check engine light on the next day. The service manager is telling me that there is a software issue that is causing the high voltage system to have problems. He also said something about it not charging while the car is unlocked and it could be doing something weird. I don't know if it is all related or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

N1ck_, I noticed you are in McKinney...did you buy yours from Crest? If so, I'm somewhat annoyed by their service so far. Your experience there?

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Update on On Call not able to start xc90 via iPhone and Lock/Unlock function. Dealer told me that this system that Volvo is working on will be down till the 15th of next month(february). When dealer went to do an update the computer shown a message DO NOT UPDATE BECAUSE A BATTERY DRAIN MAY ACCUR. I called Volvo On Call center to ask for an extension on my account do to this not working. After some talking on my part I was given an one year free extension. At first I was told because I already was giving an additional year and a half under the " A PLAN PLUS" nothing would be done. After I complained that I had to join the VCOA and paid the $49 to join in exchange to receive the extra year and a half no matter what I payed I still am losing out on a service that was either part of buying the Volvo or what I paid for. After I said that I was told I would receive the free year of service. I would suggest that anyone having this problem to call and request the extended free year of service. Volvo is working on the problem and I hope it is fixed soon. Luckily the weather has been very mild this winter. Yes I am upset that this feature is not working but I feel that my dealer is being upfront telling me what's going on.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
tta81- Yes, I did buy from Crest. I don't know if my problem was with the service or the service manager. He was grumpy and unresponsive, offering very little information on what my problems were when I took it in.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Hybrid
Just got a software update. We brought the car in on Monday, but they didn't get the software until Friday. Annoyed by how long it took, but we got a loaner, so not a huge deal.
Since the update, we got 1 message from VOC that the car was unlocked even though it wasn't. Crossing my fingers that it was just a remnant. Was also told this is supposed to fix an issue with the 12 volt battery draining due to the rear hatch sensor and internet hotspot not turning off and draining the battery.