strange info re ordering 2016

andy603

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
My dealer has given me some strange information that I would appreciate if someone who might know can validate- First, they claim that remote start is only available via an app- and that app costs $35/month. There is no way to remotely start the car from the key fob or free app. I'm hoping this is false! Can't imagine getting this 'feature' but then having to pay $420 a year to use it!

Second is regarding R series- There is no heated steering wheel option. There is accessory available but on website it looks white- not an 'r' style heated. Is there r style heated available?

Thanks for any help!

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hi and welcome Andy. Yes that's what I've been told about the remote start too. It's called Volvo on Call and the service cost $35 a month which is ridiculous. I'm not sure about the heated steering wheel, maybe a salesman can add that option for you on a special order.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Yup no heated steering wheel on the R design.

PlatyNYC

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015.5 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
The Volvo app is not $35 per month. There is a 6 month free trial period. If you wish to renew further, the site is vocrenewal.com
The heated steering wheel is not available on the R-Design due to the design of the steering wheel. Volvo has adjusted the pricing to reflect this.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
mercedes 300 2012
I've ordered a xc 90 and understand a delay in the production of xc90 from Jan to March. Anyone hear this.

Rick