City
Delta
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90
Hi all, I just bought a 2004 XC90 with the 5 cylinder turbo, the starter is located under the intake manifold. When I bought it, the old starter had been removed and the new starter was in a box, when I installed it I wasn't sure how the wiring went on the starter, I was expecting one big red wire but there are two big red wires, where do they go? I couldn't find any clear information on the internet but what I found looked like both wires went onto one post on the bendix and the small wire goes on a spade connector on the bendix. When I went to start the car, the starter solenoid will click but nothing at the starter. What am I missing? I'm getting 12 volts at the red wires down at the starter. I also tried touching a screwdriver from the post with the red wires to the spade with the small wire to get the starter to spin but nothing happened, not even a little spark. All fuses are good.

Reactions
City
Delta
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90
Anyone?

Reactions
City
Delta
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90
257 views, Does anyone know how the wires attach to the starter?

SwissXC90

Reactions
City
Cross Country
State
Non-US
Country
Switzerland
You can download the wiring diagram from the internet. Google it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Delta
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90
I've been able to start working on the car again, the wiring is correct but still won't start. I've taken a wire and attached it to the spade connector and touched the other end to the positive terminal on the starter, the car starts fine, does anyone know why the car won't start with the key? When I turn the key, lights come on the dash and the starter relay clicks.

Reactions
City
Delta
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 Volvo XC90
I got it.