vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Has anyone installed or inquired about the new RSE? pricing? (is there any discount if you purchase for both seats?) and I heard they are detachable.. wondering if it has its own dvd slot. [confused]

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Are you talking about this?

Looks like it supports:
  • USB memory
  • SD card
  • DVD

The only disadvantage with this is that you can't use the speaker system but rather it requires headphones.

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Yes. I hope it's not too expensive. Has anyone installed this already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
These type of systems are very expensive, it is always cheaper and actually more fun buying one or two iPads with cases, whoever is using that can watch movies (preloaded on online), browse web (the car has a wireless hotpot) or play games. And you can still take the iPads home. The Toyota Sienna that I traded in for XC90 had a built 16inch screen that could even be divided and had wireless headphones. After my kids got iPads it was never used again :)

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Wow that's awesome that there's actually an alternative to the oem. Just recently I asked my dealership on pricing, they could not give me an exact amount, only an estimate of 1800$ since the manual did not say how long labor would be.
Is there pricing on the website? I can't seem to find it... I am very interested in this kit, I guess depending on the price.

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Price is what drew me to this kit too, I think you have to go through one of their resellers.

I did find a lightly used kit on ebay for $200 each.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosen-AV780...927634?hash=item465ca377d2:g:iMcAAOSwNnRYgqUD

Wow that's awesome that there's actually an alternative to the oem. Just recently I asked my dealership on pricing, they could not give me an exact amount, only an estimate of 1800$ since the manual did not say how long labor would be.
Is there pricing on the website? I can't seem to find it... I am very interested in this kit, I guess depending on the price.