JLehman

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
I recently developed a rattling sound and think I have pinpointed its origin. Seems to be my integrated booster seat. If no one is sitting in it, whether the booster part is up or down I hear a rattle, sometimes it?s faint and other times it?s very loud. If someone is sitting it it, it sometimes goes away or it?s faint. Now if the seat back is down I can not hear it at all. Unfortunately I can not figure out what part is causing the rattle.

I had the car in the dealership and they determined it was the same issue, I thought they had fixed it but apparently not.

Anyone else have this issue? I would desperately like to get this fixed cause the rattle can be quite annoying.

rahul1023

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum Plus
I recently developed a rattling sound and think I have pinpointed its origin. Seems to be my integrated booster seat. If no one is sitting in it, whether the booster part is up or down I hear a rattle, sometimes it?s faint and other times it?s very loud. If someone is sitting it it, it sometimes goes away or it?s faint. Now if the seat back is down I can not hear it at all. Unfortunately I can not figure out what part is causing the rattle.

I had the car in the dealership and they determined it was the same issue, I thought they had fixed it but apparently not.

Anyone else have this issue? I would desperately like to get this fixed cause the rattle can be quite annoying.

I had this issue on my 2017 xc90 T6 Momentum Plus. The car was very recently at the dealership getting the brake squeal & rattle fixed. Contrary to what everyone is saying, the noise is NOT coming from the rear lift gate. The noise was coming from the middle row (or second row) seats. The dealership has a fix out and the part number is 31696872. It is called a "SERVICE KIT". I didn't get to see what was done to fix the two outside seats nearest the windows on the second row, but it only took 1 to 1.5 hour to get it done. It was completely covered under warranty and I don't hear any noises anymore. Also, I don't know if they had to add any additional parts to the middle seat, but I know for a fact that they installed some parts to the upper half of the outside seats at the bottom. Good Luck!

JLehman

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
Rattling

I had this issue on my 2017 xc90 T6 Momentum Plus. The car was very recently at the dealership getting the brake squeal & rattle fixed. Contrary to what everyone is saying, the noise is NOT coming from the rear lift gate. The noise was coming from the middle row (or second row) seats. The dealership has a fix out and the part number is 31696872. It is called a "SERVICE KIT". I didn't get to see what was done to fix the two outside seats nearest the windows on the second row, but it only took 1 to 1.5 hour to get it done. It was completely covered under warranty and I don't hear any noises anymore. Also, I don't know if they had to add any additional parts to the middle seat, but I know for a fact that they installed some parts to the upper half of the outside seats at the bottom. Good Luck!
Thank you so much for this information. I will be bringing my XC90 back to the dealership in a few weeks with this info in hand. I hope this is the fix I?ve been looking for. It sounds like exactly what I?ve been dealing with. I too had a break squeal as well and last time I brought it in, it was fixed. Hoping that does not return.

Reactions
City
lacombe
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Xc90 R-Design
My 2013 XC90 has rattle sounds coming from what sounds like the passenger front suspension. The sounds are more pronouced when the car is cold. I had my suspension mechanic check everything and he found no loose parts. I checked inside the engine compartment and lifted the engine cover and reinstalled it with no effect. Has anyone else experienced this AND/OR has a fix??