Option packages: which ones to get?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
toyota highlander
I debated long and hard which options to get. I live in relatively cold weather but the climate package seemed minimal to me. I like the Thor's hammer LED lights so I went with convenience and momentum plus. Wondering what your experiences with option packages are. Are any of them must haves?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Have a near fully loaded XC90 Inscription. Here's my rundown of 'worth it' or 'not' based upon if someone handed me dollars for deleting the feature. As an early adopter, didn't have many options and wanted to spoil my wife a bit (we had the $$)
Inscription pkg: Worth it. Very nice appointments that make the experience much richer. I was borderline on this one.
Bowers & Wilkins Audio: Not (but is SOOO good). My wife would say 'worth it', but I'm too cheap and listen to old guy stuff anyway.
Climate pkg: Not
Vision pkg: Worth it
Convenience pkg: Worth it
Air suspension: Not (but VERY cool)
21" wheels: Not (but look SOOOO good)
22" wheels: Not (overkill)
Accessories: If you have light interior and kids, get the rubber floor mats. If you have a dog, get the cargo mat.

carlsbad

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I wish I ordered the inscription. The leather is so much better than the one I have. Definitely worth the extra money!

ztahokie

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Toyota Sienna XLE
I plan on ordering the Inscription with the Convenience & Vision Package (w/ HUD). I will probably order the Climate package, too, as I have two teenagers who would really appreciate the warm seats. (I'm not sure they deserve it.) I'm debating on the B&W Sound and the Air Suspension. I had a demo car for three days that was loaded, so once you experience it these things, it is hard to convince yourself it isn't necessary. Same is probably true of the HUD, but once I used it, I kind of liked it. Thanks to all who are posting, as this is a huge help.

bassler

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Subaru STi
How are people finding vision through the heated windshield at night? Do the vertical lines show much? Any distortion? We're in the process of finalizing what packages we want and this is our last big question.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I have the Momentum plus and larger wheels, that's it. You MUST get the headlights. The B&W stereo upgrade is awesome. If I had a 60-90 minute commute in this car, I'd definitely go for it (but I don't and the stock stereo is very good for "normal" listening). The rest, I don't think I'm missing. I like to drive. I don't think I'd use much of that automatic stuff anyway. More stuff to break on a brand-new car design.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 VolvoXC
I also added the tow package and the running boards with the LED lights. Boy are the running boards sharp! Don't get the heated windshield. If you do, Heads up Display cannot be added. Even living in northeast ohio where we have heavy winters, I get much more use out of the HUD year around than I will a couple months of the heated windshield in the winter. The climate package still comes with the heated wiper mozzles, that is plenty sufficient.

kjax56

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Momentum plus.
Convenience. (Must have, the pilot assist and adaptive cruise are amazing and useful)
Vision.

Living is Pennsylvania, I wish I would have gotten the leather steering wheel (heated) as the "wood" wheel is Cold!

Reactions
City
Mill Creek
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Cold Weather Pkg - Live in Pac NW, totally worth it (heated steering wheel is so nice when it's cold out, we go skiing often) passengers in rear are also loving rear heated seats
Convenience - Must have
Vision - Must have
We were going to order a Momentum, but we found an Inscription that had what we wanted in the colors we were looking for, so glad we did it. The extras are worth it...

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
we got a fully loaded Rdesign. No HUD as I opted for the heated windshield. 22" wheels looks very nice but comes with summer performance tires. not having the massage option for the seats was a bummer but not have the heated steering wheel was almost a deal breaker for me!!!! buuuuut the looks of the Rdesign just won us over.

packages:
climate - must for cold weather
B&W sound - great but can do without
convenience - is a must
vision - got it for the blind spot info/cross traffic alert.

options:
air suspension is great!
apple carplay is good so far.
integrated booster is working as it should.

accessories that needs to be installed like the tow hitch, you can save money by having it port installed.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 BMW 328d, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Have you had any problems with the leather ripping or getting stretched and ugly? My family has 3 kids and two dogs so leather must be durable. Do you think we should go for the momentum just because of the rougher and more "durable" leather? We love the premium feel of the inscription, but we're worried with how it will hold up over the years. Thanks!

yxc145

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 GLE 43 Coupe
Hi Guys

sorry to high jack this thread. I am looking to purchase a XC90 T6 Momentum. Trying to find out the true price of the car now. Dealers like to play games and tell you how hot the car is and they don't really need to give discount. With production cars and plenty of stock sitting at the dealer lots, no way people pay MSRP (or even invoice). Do you mind helping a forum member out and share your purchase info (discount or price paid, date of purchase, dealer info). Thank you in advance.

hankdfw

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
If you live in cold weather and have never experience a heated steering wheel, you don't know what you are missing. It seems frivolous until you've used it, and then you never want to go back. I was wiling to custom order my car and wait 4 months to get the climate package, just for the heated steering wheel. Fortunately the dealer got a vehicle with the climate package so I didn't have to wait.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I agree, while I haven't purchased the vehicle yet, I know I need heated steering wheel in everyone of cars going forward, after using it in my current car for 5years. It's a must have along with heated seats and mirrors for folks living in cold weather states.

I would like to get inscription with climate and vision packages. If I get a really good deal will try to get air suspension as well.