City
Vancouver
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 xc90 T8 Inscription
Just tried a new XC60 hybrid google as a loaner as my xc90 was being serviced. Two things struck me as odd and were annoying. First, you cannot independently tilt the passenger side mirror from the driver side. It is either all or none. Second, you cannot enable the lane keep assist from the steering wheel. You either have it (and the adaptive cruise control (ACC)) on or both off. I like to toggle the lane keep assist off for when I am in town driving or for when i am for example driving through a tunnel but like to keep the ACC on. Actually I like to drive with the steering wheel ACC in town and not have the lane keep assist on which is annoying...I did not have the loaner a long time to go into the menus but if these two features are lacking, it is a step backwards. Having just the passenger mirror tilt is a saviour for the rims and at the same time being able to reverse and see oncoming traffic while you parallel park is a safety concern. The menu does not allow you to adjust this feature to one mirror or the other as it does in my current 2019 model. Anyone had a similar experience or is there a software fix for this? Wanted to buy a new 2023 but perhaps I will have to wait for a new BMW X7 hybrid. There are few 2022 hybrids left in Canada.