Hybrid Lithium Ion Limited Battery Life

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Incription Hybri
Is anyone else finding that the hybrid battery in the XC90 T8 of limited use and duration? I can completely charge the battery overnight, and drive the vehicle in hybrid mode for no more than and hour or two locally (Phoenix area) and the battery is completely depleted. Even in B drive mode, any kinetic energy does little to recharge this battery. I honestly question this vehicle's status as a hybrid.

Thoughts?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
Is anyone else finding that the hybrid battery in the XC90 T8 of limited use and duration? I can completely charge the battery overnight, and drive the vehicle in hybrid mode for no more than and hour or two locally (Phoenix area) and the battery is completely depleted. Even in B drive mode, any kinetic energy does little to recharge this battery. I honestly question this vehicle's status as a hybrid.

Thoughts?
Hey! I think this is quite normal. Have you tried driving in pure? That should help the range more but with limited air conditioning.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Volvo XC90 T8 Incription Hybri
I have now had extensive experience using the hybrid mode and find it even more useless. It depletes in 45 minutes of standard urban driving. In "Pure" mode it will maybe get 15 to 17 miles urban driving. I love everything else about the vehicle, it just is NOT a true hybrid when all other manufacturers of hybrids can provide far more battery power.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
I have now had extensive experience using the hybrid mode and find it even more useless. It depletes in 45 minutes of standard urban driving. In "Pure" mode it will maybe get 15 to 17 miles urban driving. I love everything else about the vehicle, it just is NOT a true hybrid when all other manufacturers of hybrids can provide far more battery power.
Yea, i'm sorry. But thats a fact the car wasn't supposed to go any longer on pure electric, you even get further then specified.

SLOVOL

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T8

Thoughts?
My T8 runs through the battery pretty quickly, but recharge as well and actually works much better than the Lexus RX450h I previously drove for five years. I drive 25 miles to work and back almost completely electric, often getting over 100 mpgs recently drove nearly 1100 miles towing a travel trailer from Central California to Portland Oregon, with six people in the car, and averaged a little over 22 mpg's. My overall average since getting the vehicle in January is about 40 mpg's