How is the perforated sunroof cover during mid summer day?

Those of you who have owned this car for a while and live in hot climates, does the cover give sufficient shade? I feel like the perforation won't allow for any escape from the sun/heat, whereas other cars have a solid shade. Plan on buying in sept. and doing my research now.

satrya

The perforation on my MY2018's shade isn't quite as "perforated" as ones manufacturers use for side mirrors and rear windshields. They are a bit more opaque, although at high noon, you can tell where the sun is if you look up the closed shade.

I don't think it ever felt insufficient when you want it closed.

Lets too much sun in during summer time for my tastes...I bought these shades here at Amazon and they fit just about perfect side to side (a little short front to back on the front) and work great to add that extra layer of sun/heat block.

thanks to you both for answering Assuming both of you have the lighter beige headliner? Wonder if it were a darker shade, it would block more light?

FYI I've got the upgraded black interior on the ceiling, with a black shade.

satrya

thanks to you both for answering Assuming both of you have the lighter beige headliner? Wonder if it were a darker shade, it would block more light?
My headliner is the beige one, yes. My assumption is that the fabric mesh density is the same, regardless of the color. In that sense, I expect the same amount of light passing through the gap between the fabric mesh.

Fabric color affects the absorption and reflection of heat, but I'm not sure how significant it is in practical terms.

It's pretty ok for my tastes, it lets a bit too much sun through but it doesn't really bother me , depends on the person I guess