Hesitations

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Audi A6
Considering ordering a T6 Inscription with the Air Suspension, Convenience pack, B&W stereo, and a couple of other small options. I went to one dealer in a smaller town and came away lacking confidence in the car. With two separate cars on the lot I experienced these issues:

-The hands free tailgate worked once out of six tries
-The 3rd row headrests wouldn't fold down when folding flat
-The park assist (on two particular models I tried) didn't work

It could have simply been an incompetent salesperson, I went to another dealer and experienced no such issues but I wonder if any current owners have issues with theirs? I'm hoping it's not "new model bugs" that need to be ironed out.
Thanks

gparadise

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I think it is more of an incompetent salesperson. Although the features you mentioned are a little quirky and not entirely straightforward.

On the tailgate, you need to kick forward and back once about one-quarter from the left side of the rear. A swipe across under the car (like some other brands with this option) does not work. Once you get used to it, it works 95% of the time on the first try.

I have never had your problem with the third row headsets. No comment on that one.

The park assist also takes some getting used to. Took me three or four tries on my own to understand how it works. Now I've used it successfully several times in a row. And it's pretty cool.

There are definitely some quirky things, and some issues with these cars. For example, I'm bringing mine in tomorrow for the squealing front brakes issue that has been discussed (although apparently fixed on newer cars -- mine is from November 2015). Many of the "bugs" have already been ironed out. I'm sure there will be more, but overall I am very happy with my XC90. Good luck!