Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Hi all,

I know this is another thread about problems, but I want to know if anyone had similar experience. So this is the first time I've ever owned a Volvo. On Weds 8/24/16, I bought a brand new 2016 XC90 with 51 miles on the odometer. The car buying experience went very smooth and I was happy with the dealer Volvo of Lisle in Lisle, IL. The issue arised after I took delivery of the car. On my way home from the dealer (about 15 mins into the drive), a lot of warning lights started to pop up on the dash. First, it started with the parking brake was temporarily disabled, then the airbag light came on followed by the transmission reduced performance and to finish it off with the check engine light. I also, noticed that there was barely any air blowing from the vent and the car never cooled down the interior. I tried setting it to max AC and still not cooling down.

So, the next morning I took the car back to dealership and now they are working on fixing the problem Today is day 2 the dealership has the car and I'm eagerly waiting for a phone call to tell me the status. They were kind enough to call me yesterday saying they need to hold onto the car longer to fix.

I haven't had the car in my possession for 24 hrs yet and problems have already started. Are the XC90 that problematic or was I the unfortunate one to buy one that is problematic?

Are any of you having similar experience as mine?

UPDATE: Got the car back from the dealership on Saturday and so far so good. Everything works as it should and here is hoping the next time I take it back will be the scheduled maintenance. The dealership was very apologetic and friendly when they took care of me. I can now enjoy my new car.

Last edited:

LonestarXC90

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry about your troubles and let us know what you hear back from the dealer. We've been lucky so far with no issues.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90
huh... so sorry you are having issues - we took delivery 4 days ago - and have been driving/test-driving all the features. so far so good - no problems. although, we did have one issue (our fault). we messed up the internet password setting, and the SIM got locked. no issue to the driving experience, but we messed up the high-speed internet connectivity. Called Volvo today am, and they sorted it out in 15 minutes.