City
Dwight
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Xc 90 v-8's 2008,2006,2006
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. Looking for some help. My 2008 V-8 driver headlight won't stay on. It has the Xenon lights. The light will stay on for about the 1st. minute after starting the xc. If I turn off the xc and re start it repeats every time, stays on for the 1st. minute. I replaced the bulb. Same issue. I flipped the light assembly's driver to passenger, passenger to driver. Same issue occurred. Driver side went off after 1 minute. Based on above I've eliminated the bulb, and ballast . From the research I've dome it might be the central electronic module. There is a known issue were the module will take on moisture and short out.
Differential is not kicking in when it should. We had recent snow. I pulled the xc into the snow , there was power to the front wheels but no action out of the rear differential. There are no messages on in the dash indicating anti skid etc. I drove it down a windy road that was covered in snow and the xc tracked as it should. I tried to fishtail and the rear wheels sensed the slippage and applied the brakes to the slipping wheel .
I can get the xc scanned

vflxc90

Reactions
City
Dwight
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Xc 90 v-8's 2008,2006,2006
I hooked up a Matco scanner and it didn't show any codes. The dealership wants $156 for the 1st. hour to diagnosis the issue. I can pull the module and have it re manned for around $400. Just trying to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, or do we have a Volvo tech. in the forum who can point me in the right direction. I purchased the 2008 a few months ago, Everything worked as it should .
Thanks
xflxc90