City
Arcadia
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 XC90 Recharge
I’m a new Volvo driver and owner of the XC90 hybrid suv. I have noticed (and now can’t un-notice ) that a small black spot in the shape of a triangle appears at the top of each headlight, most obvious at night. This defect really caught my attention when I was driving to the mountains at night and I was having a mesmerizing effect that took my attention and I couldn’t stop focusing on the black triangles it creates in the distance. It made it uncomfortable and unsafe throughout the road trip. I brought this concern up at my local Volvo dealership, where I bought this car, and to my surprise I was the only that had mentioned this. They did confirm that other models with same headlight system had the same defect but no one has reported it as a concern (till now). Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Attachments

cgehr

Reactions
City
Louisville
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2024 XC90 Ultimate Recharge
Yes, I have experienced the same thing (2024 xc90 recharge) and I have not yet brought it up to my dealer. I notice it mostly on the driver side, especially on a dark mountain road with curves. Makes it look like there is a black shadowy figure in the oncoming lane but when you are going around a curve to the right, the shadow will appear in the middle of my lane and is very distracting at best, very dangerous at worst. I also find the low beams to have a very distinct cut off that appears as a dark curtain that is especially dangerous when the road goes down and then back up immediately, you are practically driving blind for a moment until you start up the other side. No complaints with the high beams but you can't always use them.