Changing 4.4 liter cam cover and intake gaskets.

Reactions
State
ID
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Volvo XC 90 4.4 liter
After redoing all the suspension on my 07' xc90, I noticed signs of an oil leak on the 4.4 engine. Not finding any technical references anywhere on the web, I ended up here. Has anyone done any major maintenance on the V8? I did not run into any big problems diagnosing the leak and have the engine torn down and plan to replace cam cover gaskets, valve timing solenoid seals, intake gaskets, injector o-rings, PCV valve, and a few other things. I am ready to start putting her back together, but cannot find any info on torque specs, for all the bolts and various fasteners. Any help locating these would be appreciated, otherwise I will have to go with general torque specs related to bolt size. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and would rather be exact.

robrike1

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I am in the process of doing the same service on mine. Right now mine is torn down and I am waiting on valve timing sensor seals and pcv hoses that hardened and cracked. Might replace pcv too since I have found no way to test it. Did you ever find torque specs for yours? I am dropping my injectors off for cleaning and new o rings Tuesday.
Robert

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Volvo XC90 (Second Generation) 3
J Volvo XC90 (Second Generation) 2