275-35 R22 winter?

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
I'm running all seasons on my xc90 and for me the 22' make such a visual difference.

I'm looking to purcahse another set of the 22' to i get the beautiful look all year around, however im having a hell of a time finding winter tires for rims that size.

275-35 R22

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Perfect, thanks.

I stumbled onto those via ebay shortly after posting. tirerack seem to also have them for a fair price... but it sounds like i'll have to wait until end of August.

Cheers

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Months later and i seem to be in worse shape. The out of stock product on tirerack is gone entirely now, same goes for ebay.

@SRG the link you provided is for 285/35R22, there is no "play" when it comes to the width of the tire, is there?

SRG963

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
The overall diameter is the key factor when comparing tire sizes. Revolutions per mile need to be fairly equal.

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
The overall diameter is the key factor when comparing tire sizes. Revolutions per mile need to be fairly equal.
You cant "fit" a 285 onto a rim intended for 275 without issues, can you?

I'm shocked to see how there are no winter tires sold in North American for the 275/35R22?

apeg999

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
may have found the answer to my own question; yes, you can indeed put 285's onto a rim intended for 275's

this is a great site that will explain the slight differences you will see:
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

between 285 & 275 there is almost no different.