Reduced Engine Performance when hard acceleration

kingluke

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
We just brought our 2018 T6 XC90 into the dealership for service today. The car started throwing the "Reduced Engine Performance" error after every hard acceleration. Once the error is thrown the car is shaky and won't drive pass 24 mph. The dealership thinks its a software issue. They've had one similar issue that ended with Volvo buying the car back. Has anybody else experienced this issue with their XC90?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 T6 XC90
let us know what turns out to be the issue.

kingluke

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Will do. We are still waiting for an update form the dealership, the car has been there since Monday. It sounds like they are working with Volvo to see what next steps are.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 T6 XC90
interesting.

hopefully nothing major.

kingluke

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just got word back from my dealership. It sound like the ECU thinks the engine is misfiring and placing the vehicle in reduced engine performance mode. He says the engine seems fine and is not misfiring. Volvo Corporate is seeing if they can come up with a fix, they say they will let us know what they find out tomorrow.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Any update on what went wrong?

I had a similar issue in which the vehicle had overall extremely poor performance and stuttered on acceleration, and it resulted in a faulty 02 sensor. Car started running like new again after they changed it.