Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 2016
Hi,
I had bought xc90 in 2016 momentum plus without Air suspension.
When they demonstrated the car, when i switch the car mode to off road mode the car ride height(ground clearance) was increasing. If i go to any other mode the ride height is back to old.
I had used the off-road feature in the first year,i really liked it. After few recalls made by volvo and couple of service, the feature is not working.
I asked the service team, they are saying the feature is not available in my car. I know my car doesn't have air suspension, but the ride increase was working during the first year, is that anything changed in any recent recalls ?
Does anyone noticed the same ?

Kannan K

Reactions
City
Gearhart
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 XC90
How do you account for the varying ride height if you don't have air suspension? I've had a Volvo ('05 V70R) with the Monroe adjustable shocks (developed by Ohlins but made by Monroe), but they only varied the stiffness, not the ride height. Do you have mechanical shocks that can do that?? My current XC90 does have air suspension and what you're describing sounds exactly like what you get with air suspension (when it works!). Are you SURE you don't have it?? Very easy to tell by looking at your front or rear struts: either you have a coil spring or you have an air bag there!!