2008 XC90 3.2 FWD 99k to sale or not - will it make 200k miles?

Stevebxc90

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2008 XC90 FWD
For safety reasons I purchased this 2008 XC90 with 80k miles for my
17 your old daughter , now it has 99k and I am wondering whether or not to
Sale or see if it will make it to 200k miles and at what expense. Anyone with 2008 3.2 FWD
Please respond with your mileage and what was repairs were needed. Thanks, former 122s owner
That had 400,00 on it and a 1993 240 with 150k when I sold them

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 XC90
Well, I don't have a 2008, but I have a 2007 with the 3.2L and FWD. It currently has about 132k on the odo. We bought this car a few months ago, replacing a V90 with over 220k on its odo. My experiences with Volvos (we've owned six now) is they're easily good for 200k. Our V90 was still a very tight, responsive car at 200k. The only reason why we retired it was because I managed to wreck it (ouch!). We've had two 760s that clocked over 220k -- still have one of them, sold the other. Still solid cars at that mileage. You can expect to incur repair issues, some which might be fairly pricey. Like we had the front suspension overhauled on the V90 and, on another occasion, had to replace its transmission, both of which were costly repairs. But the way we've always looked at it is it beats the heck out of a $400+ a month car payment.

Your XC90 with 99k on the odo isn't even broke in yet, is the way I'd look at that car. Drive it, and don't worry about it. My Volvo mechanic, whom I've known and done business with for 20 years, tells me that the 2007 and later XC90s are the most reliable. So that's something, at least.

Reactions
City
Fort Washington
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 XC90
Well, I don't have a 2008, but I have a 2007 with the 3.2L and FWD. It currently has about 132k on the odo. We bought this car a few months ago, replacing a V90 with over 220k on its odo. My experiences with Volvos (we've owned six now) is they're easily good for 200k. Our V90 was still a very tight, responsive car at 200k. The only reason why we retired it was because I managed to wreck it (ouch!). We've had two 760s that clocked over 220k -- still have one of them, sold the other. Still solid cars at that mileage. You can expect to incur repair issues, some which might be fairly pricey. Like we had the front suspension overhauled on the V90 and, on another occasion, had to replace its transmission, both of which were costly repairs. But the way we've always looked at it is it beats the heck out of a $400+ a month car payment.

Your XC90 with 99k on the odo isn't even broke in yet, is the way I'd look at that car. Drive it, and don't worry about it. My Volvo mechanic, whom I've known and done business with for 20 years, tells me that the 2007 and later XC90s are the most reliable. So that's something, at least.
Glad to hear that as I have a 2010 XC90 with 122,8** miles. I hate car notes and I am going to keep it a long time!!!

Reactions
City
Scotts Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Volvo XC90
268,000 miles on a 2005 XC90 2.5. Radio doesn't work, conked out at 250,000. $1200 to fix. Great car, still runs perfectly, have replaced all coils twice, front rotors once. Maintenance has been pretty inexpensive up to this point, so we have more than gotten our value out of it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
My 2006 xc90 v8 has 163,000 on it and I tow a 5,400 lb boat with it and it’s been fine no major repairs. I bought it new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Milton Keynes
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 XC90 R Design 2.4 diesel
Never a guarantee, but theres no real reason why it won't make 200k if its maitained properly and is allowed to warm up before giving it the beans.

Reactions
City
Fort Washington
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 XC90
When you get it the first thing you do is take it to your indy mechanic and have ALL fluids and filters changed. Then have new plugs and coils put in. This will make sure you get it off to a good start.

VV&Me

Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 XC90
I have a 2007 with over 230k. Still going strong. Purchased 2 years ago with 122k on it. We transport dogs so we're all over the place. The worse that has happened was the alternator going out on me and the thermostat. We've practically replaced everything at this point so plan on keeping it until it just won't go anymore.

Reactions
City
fort lupton
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 xc90 v8
My 2006 xc90 v8 has 163,000 on it and I tow a 5,400 lb boat with it and it’s been fine no major repairs. I bought it new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey there! so I recently purchased a 2010 v8 and plan on purchasing an enclosed cargo trailer that i want to make into a mobile workshop/ bunk that can house me and two dogs. It seems to me (based off little research..) that a tandem axle would be best on a (relatively) smaller towing vehicle. i was thinking a 6'x10' or 12'. would be an ideal size. should i go for the tandem axle (damn near impossible to find in colorado), which would most likely mean i need to go out of state to find it. or would a single axle with a certain type of hitch and receiver combo (i dont know what kind that would be) do the trick. i really dont want a jerky ride while towing.

Thanks Drew

Attachments

jamadams

Reactions
City
Jamestown
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2004 XC90
268,000 miles on a 2005 XC90 2.5. Radio doesn't work, conked out at 250,000. $1200 to fix. Great car, still runs perfectly, have replaced all coils twice, front rotors once. Maintenance has been pretty inexpensive up to this point, so we have more than gotten our value out of it.
remove the AMP under the passenger seat. find the connector for the PWR (red) and GND (Black) check for corrosion on this connector pins. if there is corrosion, fix the sunroof drains.