Howdy from Houston, Texas

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 XC90
My wife and I bought our first XC90 a couple of days ago -- a 2007 FWD model with the 3.2L six. We bought it from our Volvo mechanic of many years, who bought it from a customer of his. This is a car he is very familiar with, having performed service on it for the past several years. In fact, it was he who told me what the most reliable XC90 package was (in his view, at least), which this car just happened to have. He offered the car to us at a special price, since we've been customers of his for so long, so we went for it.

The car our XC90 replaced was our much-loved V90, last of the big RWD wagons. Good performance and very nimble. Unfortunately its head gasket was starting to go, so it was time to retire the old steed. It would cost us way more than it's worth to have our mechanic repair it, and frankly, I just don't feel like working on cars to that level of intensity and depth anymore. I'm getting on in years and my back gives me lots of problems, so . . . incidental repairs I'll do. But the big stuff -- not anymore.

I joined this forums because I was looking for some that were targeting the XC90 specifically. I've been a member of the Brickboard for about twenty years -- a great reference, but the interface is so cumbersome, I end up stumbling around through it to find what I'm looking for. These forums are much more like the sort of modern forum I've become used to. So, anyway, I'm glad to be here and I hope it will be a good resource for me, and I will contribute in any way I can that might be helpful.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome!