satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
I bought a set of (possibly replica) R-design gas and brake pedals. I didn't look for any manufacturer markings on it; but it doesn't appear to have any.

The backside is made of semi flexible rubber like material:

The gas pedal just slips in via the channels, while the brake pedal folds around the metal brake pedal. In the Momentum trim, the brake pedal is covered by a rubber-like pedal. Its backside is just like the backside of the replacement brake pedal above. Swapping the brake pedal is a matter of "peeling off" the rubber-like pedal and replacing it with the one pictured above.

Very simple mod

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Great job those turned out perfect

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi,

Are these OEM pieces? They look nice, I just wonder about how long they will look that nice. :) In my area, we have lots of salt and sand that we have to deal with during the winter.

Thanks,

Rob

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Are these OEM pieces? They look nice, I just wonder about how long they will look that nice. :) In my area, we have lots of salt and sand that we have to deal with during the winter.
My guess is they aren't OE pieces, but possibly a direct copy of one. The metal and rubber-like materials appear to be of good quality. I have no idea how long they will remain like that.