Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
I have a 2018 Inscription. It seems to me that the various communications with the car are spotty:

--Trying to start the car from the IPhone told me the car couldn't be started
--My "profile" not being able to be selected
--Not moving the seat to my position when unlocking with my key (used my wife's seat memory position instead)
--Hit and miss on connecting my phone's hot spot to the car to enable use of network apps (and why do I need to select my phone every time I start the car?)

Anyone else with these problems?

Burtman198

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 Inscription
Volvo had some of those problems with model year 2016. I have a 2017 Inscription model for just over one year without any problems. I would go back to your dealer and talk to your Sales person to make sure that he/she set your xc90 up. I remember that my
sales associate programed my iPhone to my vehicle using a code from Volvo.FYI I do not use the Hot spot in my car so I can't help you with that. I still believe that the XC90 is a FANTASTIC vehicle and you will be impressed even more the more you drive it.

Movan

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC 90 Inscription
Thanks for your note. Love everything about the car so already impressed. My/wife's iPhones already have the code set-up from Volvo. Profiles already saved. It's just inconsistent.

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
No such issues with my XC90, although I do not share the car with anybody :)
The remote works 100% of the time, it automatically pairs with my iPhone, my kids do not have issues to connect to the car's wifi.

I just don't know why would you connect your car to your phone's wifi hotspot, maybe that is the issue.
As far as I know the car has its own SIM card and network connection through ATT (10 $ per mo) so it has its own internet connection for all the Volvo built in apps (weather, spotify, tune in radio et) and the car can create wifi hotspot for you and all your passengers.
It should work very well, please check with dealership also (my dealer offers classes for the new Volvos).