Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6
Hello all,

Just purchased a CPO 2016 XC90 T6 around Thanksgiving and it's been at the dealer 3 times totaling about 3 weeks for a sunroof issue.

The car was purchased and driven off lot in pristine condition. About a week later, decided to get a touch free wash. After the wash, I noticed some of the sunroof seal was detached and poking up through the frame.

Dealer had to replace full glass panel. Got the car back, went for a wash with sunshade open. Next day, closed the shade to find dark water spots staining the shade. Dealer had to re install new glass and replace stained sunshade due to leak.

Back to the dealer to pick up, and went to test the newly replaced glass and shade and the shade doesn't fully retract or open.

Dealer claims entire frame now needs replacement.

On top of all the back and forth and poor worksmanship, the dealer left the headliner stained with greasy handprints on the fabric and (less of a big deal) on the new glass. I have let them know this is unacceptable, we'll see if they clean it.

I currently am stuck with a dirty loaner XC60 and am pretty fed up with the whole process thus far.

Question for the forum: have folks had similar issues? Should I be a expecting (demanding) the dealer return my vehicle detailed after all of this?

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
Sorry to hear that, I have a annual membership in a local car wash and I wash my car sometimes every other day and never had an issue although it is not a touch free wash (free dealer carwash is too far and way too slow).
I did use other car wash several times which is touch free also without issues.
I would definitely ask dealer to clean the sunshade, as it sounds that was stained also during the repair.

dloftis

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 volvo xc90, 2006 VW Beetle cov
We have used touch free car wash, drive thru car wash and wash it at home (with a pressure washer just not close to the paint). Never had a problem.
Sounds like that may be why the car was returned in the first place?
We DID have a programming issue / software fix such that the sunroof button would open/ close the sunroof but have not had any other issues with our sunroof.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi,

No issues with my sunroof at all. What I did have that I can contribute is having the entire headliner dropped to replace all of the bolts that hold on the roof mounted airbags. I asked the service advisor prior to dropping it off to please make sure that no dirty hand prints were all over the new car I picked up the month before. He personally took interest and cleaned any spots he found. I found other issues from having the bolts replaced, they made good on every spot or issue I had. But my car was only a couple of months old.

There is no reason they can't clean the car and personally I would find it unacceptable that it got returned still not working and with dirty hand prints that didn't exist prior to the work being performed.

Best of luck. It really is a wonderful car; when you finally get to enjoy it. :)

Rob

vcRdesign

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 xc90 bursting blue
Get Volvocars involved if your dealer is giving you trouble. My door latch before was malfunctioning that obviously needed replacement, I was spraying it with a bit of silicone for it to close. The dealership wouldn?t do anything because it wasn?t malfunctioning when it was there even with videos to show the proof of the problem. Totally unacceptable so I contacted Volvo cars USA and they handled it promptly and basically told the dealership it needed to be replaced. It was under warranty anyway..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LukeyBL

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90 T6
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I finally have the car back and the sun/moon roof issue seeems to be resolved. But I need to type out this horror story for posterity

I picked the car up and tested the roof to see if it worked properly. It did. Great. But they had ignored my request to clean headliner and taken off two plastic covers that are located in the rear on the headliner and not replaced them. My wife and son were already moved out of the loaner and back into our vehicle when we noticed this.

Went back into service and said "nope, not finished" and they tried to get us into ANOTHER LOANER. I said no, please fix this now. 1 hour later, we get the car out again and do a walk around. Scratches and a couple of deeper dings on the rear fender. Not from us. I wanted to scream. Light enough to be removable.

Pointed them out to dealer and again, they asked if we wanted a loaner so they could take the 90 and buff out the scratches. We said screw it and left.

We will be taking the car to another dealer for any warranty issues. I cannot believe how terrible the experience has been this far but I am in love with the car, so that helps but the wear and tear on the car from a careless dealer really sucks.

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
Hopefully that's the end of your moonroof trouble. Perhaps there is an individual in the service department that is not as careful as they need to be.