Flyalteon

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 XC90 Inscription
Really enjoying our 2018 XC90 Inscription... had it about a month. Question for the masses.... both my wife and I have experienced if you sit long enough in the car AFTER you shut it down (all displays and stereo off) you can hear intermittent faint noises coming from inside the dashboard. It sounds like some sort of small servo motor operated valve making a slight adjustment. I have played with RC airplanes in the past and it sounds like a small servo motor moving slightly. The noise is not continuous, and the sound duration is very short. If you sit for 5 minutes after shut down you might hear it a couple times. My kids first noticed it when they stayed in the car while I ran into a store. We were recently on vacation and the XC90 sat for a week plus with no battery drain issues.

Anyone else out there notice this? Its not annoying, but I have never experienced this in any other vehicle.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Yes, you are hearing the same thing that I hear from mine. I believe that it is door noise from the ventilation system, That is what I have always associated it with.

Maybe some one can chime in and confirm.

Rob