Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

As luck would have it, my passenger side fog lamp is now sitting inside the lower bumper area and not sitting flush to the bumper as it should. Of course, nobody at my house will take any responsibility for how it looks. I assume either someone pulled up too close to a snow bank or ran over a furry creature that pushed it outside of it's normal place.

Anyone have instructions on how to get it back into place?

Thanks,

Rob

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 xc90 t6 momentum, Denim Blue
To the best of my knowledge, the foglight is mounted directly on the front bumper cover (that is the large plastic piece most people call the bumper; painted to body color). There is instruction to remove the front bumper cover in some of the official Volvo accessory guides. For example, here is one for "Decor frame", a chrome garnish for the T8 trim: http://accessories.volvocars.com/en...Document/VCC-499194/2018/T6 AWD/Automatic/all

It requires moving a rubber gasket for the engine bay cover out of the way, removal of several plastic covers, clips/fasteners inside the fender well, more on the bottom skid plate, etc. After that, the whole front bumper cover assembly will separate from the vehicle.

Good luck

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thank you so much for the info. I looked, it won't take too much to get in there. I just have to wait for the subzero stuff to leave my area
Rob

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
You're welcome. Will you try to access the foglight mount by just bending the bottom skid plate? Or will you remove the whole front bumper cover assembly?

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
I'm not going to pull the bumper, just either access from the bottom or pull the wheel well liner so I can get access to it.

Rob

satrya

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I see. Whatever bolts that mount the foglight frame might not be conveniently facing the wheel well though.